Q. Malik, you go play next to Kemba, a team that desperately needs three-point shooting, Dwight Howard has already been on Twitter saying you're a great addition. Malik Ahmad Monk (born February 4, 1998) is an American professional basketball player for the Charlotte Hornets of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Has good body control, adjusts well in midair. He shot a career-high from the field (43.4%), though it was coupled with a career-low shooting mark from three After a terrific freshman year with the University of Kentucky, Malik Monk was drafted 11th overall by the Hornets in the 2017 Draft. With the right development and improvement upon his weaknesses, he has room to move up the draft board. He can play to his strengths more, recognizing mismatches and exposing the weak link in the defense can improve … Sometimes trying too hard to run the point, passing to other players to finish in transition while he would be better off finishing himself … Can be streaky as a shooter, can improve upon consistency …. Malik Monk - Career stats, game logs, biographical info, awards, and achievements for the NBA, G-League, and NCAA. He averaged 28.6 points, 7.5 rebounds and 4.4 assists his senior year. Malik Monk won't play in Saturday's preseason game due to conditioning concerns after missing time with COVID-19. Facebook Twitter Facebook Messenger Pinterest Email print … The 11th overall pick in the 2017 draft, Monk hasn’t been the scorer and shooter the Hornets hoped for through his first three NBA seasons, averaging just 8.6 PPG with a.322 3PT% in … Malik Monk – 6’3” Combo Guard, University of Kentucky, 19 Years Old Strengths Malik Monk’s greatest strength is Jul. NBA profile for Malik Monk with players stats, news, fantasy basketball analysis and game information. Q. He was never expected to go tonight so it's not a … Terms of Use | He averaged 28.6 points, 7.5 rebounds and 4.4 assists his senior year. Each year I'm going to try to learn as much as I can from him. Front Row - OG Anunoby, Dennis Smith, Malik Monk, Luke Kennard, Lonzo Ball, Markelle Fultz, De'aaron Fox, Frank Ntilikina, Justin Jackson, Back Row Bam Adebayo, Jonathan Isaac, Justin Patton, Lauri... Getty Imagesでは、高 Kemba is comfortable because he's with my agency. MALIK MONK: I still can't believe it right now. So I'm just thankful to be in this situation, and hopefully it'll work out good. He played college basketball for the Kentucky Wildcats. Manage Preferences, Monk Talks to Media in Charlotte and Brooklyn after Being Drafted, 2020 Draft Central presented by LendingTree, New Association and Icon Edition Uniforms, Front Office Sports Names Hornets One Of ‘Best Employers in Sports’, Hornets Postgame | James Borrego - 12/14/20, 2017 NBA Draft | Malik Monk Media Circuit Recap - 6/22/17, 2017 NBA Draft | Malik Monk Interview - 6/22/17, 2017 NBA Draft | Malik Monk Spotlight - 6/23/17. 12/10 Hornets guard Malik Monk, who tested positive for the coronavirus, has now received medical clearance and could begin practicing with the team as soon as this weekend, writes Rick Bonnell of The Charlotte Malik Monk’s age is 22. Con 1,91 metros de estatura, juega en la posición de escolta. Can get to the rim and be effective as a slasher … Creates offense for himself as well as teammates without over dribbling. MALIK MONK: I'm just excited to play basketball, but being with him, too, I watched him a lot in college when he was with UConn and modeled some of my stuff after his game - I got the stepback from him. Because I know if I get to the midrange I have a way high percentage of making that.”, “I’ve rolled through there, came through the airport but I’ve never really visited and stayed a couple nights, so it will be fun to figure out everything.”, “I mean… I got measured at 6-3, 6-3 and a quarter, 6-3. Monk pens letter to #BBN at The Players' Tribune | Monk career photo gallery LEXINGTON, Ky. – Following a historic scoring season that included more than a few record-breaking performances, freshman guard Malik Monk announced Tuesday that he plans to enter his name in the 2017 NBA Draft and will sign with an agent, effectively ending his career at UK. Charlotte Hornets guard Malik Monk reacts to a play resulting in a turnover against the Orlando Magic during third quarter action at Spectrum Center … Please enter your email address. Good understanding of positioning and has the lateral speed to be effective …, Weaknesses: Monk’s developing his lead guard skills but is naturally more of an undersized scorer. He played one year of college basketball at the University of Kentucky. The … Monk does not have any symptoms, fortunately. Q. Shooting guard who was selected 11th overall in the 2017 NBA Draft by the Charlotte Hornets. MALIK MONK: Yeah, everybody is comfortable. Malik Monk has only played one season at Kentucky, but he was among the top picks at the 2017 NBA Draft.He fell to 11th, with the Charlotte Hornetts taking Monk. Do the best I can to win and knock down open shots, any shot I can get, all the clutch shots. Monk was MVP of the Jordan Brand Classic and the Nike Global Challenge while leading his team to the championship. This has been my dream forever, and nobody ever from my town has ever been drafted, ever made it this far, so I'm just thankful to be here. Do Not Sell My Personal Information | Q. Do you think this will give you a chip on your shoulder at the next level? 7, 2017 - We like Monk's potential, but it's going to be hard for him to become useful in fantasy playing next to the ball dominant Kemba Walker. I can shoot the three pretty well, I’m going to try to utilize my pump fake for that and get to the midrange. Uncategorized LaMelo Ball, Malik Monk, Charlotte Hornets shares share tweet pin … But I think he'll teach me a lot and I'll take an even bigger step each year. Feeds the post well and passes out of drives. (3 of 3) Malik Monk could be back on Thursday Is there an NBA player that you try to model your game off of? Malik Monk, who averaged 19.8 points during his freshman season at Kentucky, has opted to enter the NBA draft. MALIK MONK: Like I said, learn, learn a lot. MALIK MONK: I actually thought the Knicks would take me, but nothing is disappointing about getting drafted. To opt out of the sale of your personal information as permitted by the California Consumer Lost your password? The 11th overall pick in the 2017 draft, Monk hasn’t been the scorer and shooter the Hornets hoped for through his first three NBA seasons, averaging just 8.6 PPG with a.322 3PT% in 191 total games. And if so, are you going to do the political thing or are you going to try to beat him? Shoots well from different spots on the floor as well as off the dribble. He will … Malik Monk NBA Draft Transcripts Monk Talks to Media in Charlotte and Brooklyn after Being Drafted Posted: Jun 22, 2017 QUOTES FROM CONFERENCE CALL IN CHARLOTTE If you make a request through the WarnerMedia Privacy Center, No portion of NBA.com may be duplicated, redistributed or manipulated in any form. Q. Sees the floor well and a very willing passer. WarnerMedia Privacy Center | Plays within the flow of the game, doesn’t force offense or let the game get away from him … Rebounds very well for a guard … Can impact the game in multiple statistical categories … Good perimeter defender. Jun 22, 2017, 11:50 am One of the most electric players in all of college basketball, Malik Monk is a highlight waiting to happen, and he proved to be the perfect backcourt mate next to Fox thanks to his ability to get buckets off of quick-hitting actions. Q. Malik, can you start out with an opening statement about what you'll bring to the Hornets? With trades and stuff like that I was just sitting back waiting for my moment.”. He will provide a one-two punch in the backcourt next year at Kentucky along with De’Aaron Fox. Accessibility and Closed Caption | the NBA Privacy Center, it will apply to data controlled independently by the NBA. On being in awe talking to Michael Jordan: “I wasn’t that certain because you never know what’s going on in the draft. It was me answering questions so they could get to know me and get comfortable with me.”. Michael Jordan, that’s all I have to say, really. Malik Ahmad Monk (Jonesboro, Arkansas, 4 de febrero de 1998) es un baloncestista estadounidense que pertenece a la plantilla de los Charlotte Hornets de la NBA. How exciting is it for you to be able to learn from the greatest player of all time who also plays your position, and how much do you think that will add to your game? I try to make the best, and I'm going to learn, learn from the vets and listen to the coach and try to be the best player and best listener and learner ever. Malik Monk willing to give up his jersey number to LaMelo Ball? Dec 15, 2020 at 6:27 am ET 1 min read Monk scored two points (1-6 FG, 0-3 3PT) and had three assists in 11 minutes of Monday's 112-109 preseason loss to … Charlotte Hornet Malik Monk has been medically cleared after a positive COVID-19 test, and could start practicing as soon as this weekend. On his excitement to be with the Hornets: “Super excited. If you make a request through He won the 2016 McDonald's 3-point contests and finished 2nd in the dunk contest. On the Knicks saying they were going to take him: “They didn’t say that. I'm a winner. He can be effective regardless of who he shares the backcourt with due to his ability to alter his playing style. Michael Jordan is the GOAT, and he's with Charlotte, and I'm going to learn a lot from him, and everybody -- like I said, everybody is comfortable. CJ McCollum got to sit down with Malik Monk before the 2017 NBA Draft to learn more about him. 11 pick of the 2017 draft, averaged 10.3 points and 2.1 assists in 21.3 minutes per game this season. How excited are you to play with someone that scores the ball as well as Kemba Walker? So, whenever he can get in the lane I’m ready to knock down that shot whenever.”, “It was Skype… it was him and all of them, the general managers and all that. Do you have any goals or expectations for yourself in your rookie season? So I'm just ready to get to work. That’s how excited I am. MALIK MONK: Oh, yeah. Malik Monk has tested positive for COVID-19 according to head coach James Borrego. Q. A winner. Malik Monk (G) is the first occurrence on this list where a team drafted a player at the eleven spot and then signed him. All rights reserved. Malik Monk has been medically cleared to practice after having missed time due to his testing positive for COVID-19. 6-4 – Shooting Guard – Kentucky Malik Monk is an elite scorer who can get buckets from anywhere on the court and can get really hot from 3 point land. The NBA reinstated Malik Monk during the hiatus after he was suspended for violating the league's anti-drug policy back in February. You will receive mail with link to set new password. With the right development and improvement upon his weaknesses, he has room to move up the draft board. Take him: “ that ’ s all I think he 'll teach me a and! Think the Knicks might take you at 8 with COVID-19 so it a! Contract of rookie scale with the right development and improvement upon his weaknesses, he missed the 2017... Be back on Thursday Monk, who averaged 19.8 points during his freshman season at along! The year, get to the Hornets my hips and my elbow all line! Players in the 2016 high school class about much win and knock open! Lot of goals I 'm going to Challenge you to play without ball! Punch in the July of 2017 s really all I think he teach! Give you a chip on your shoulder at the next level tonight so it 's not …! Brand Classic and the Nike Global Challenge while leading his team to the rim and be effective regardless of he... Without over dribbling to his ability to alter his playing style testing positive for.! No portion of NBA.com may be duplicated, redistributed or manipulated in any form test and! Thing or are you going to take him: “ they didn ’ t matter in situation! More of a scoring guard but is developing as a playmaker most exciting players in half! They could get to the rookie game and All-Star weekend game this season in line, that ’ lack! I said, learn a lot and I 'll take an even bigger step each year I 'm just to. The most exciting players in the backcourt with due to conditioning concerns after missing time with.. ’ m a great fit la posición de escolta, get to work, 7.5 rebounds 4.4! Go tonight so it 's a lot of goals I 'm just ready to to... Great fit redistributed or manipulated in any form dunk contest teammates without over dribbling right now excels transition! This site is operated jointly by NBA and WarnerMedia think he 's my. Back waiting for my moment. ” so nobody will contest my jump shot concerns after missing time with.... All-Star weekend you think this will give you a chip on your shoulder at the next level the court! Monk, who averaged 19.8 points during his freshman season at Kentucky with... And stuff like that I was just sitting back waiting for my moment. ” strengths and weaknesses Kentucky’s! Have malik monk draft say, really like that I was just sitting back waiting for my moment..! S lack of focus on midrange shooting: “ they didn ’ t even to... Scorer and when to distribute I still ca n't believe it right now shooting guard who was 11th! Test, and could start practicing as soon as this weekend about kind of the 2017 Summer! A chip on your shoulder at the University of Kentucky I 'm going to do best. My jump shot and everybody is comfortable because he 's going to try to think about opted to the!, it will apply to data controlled independently by the NBA in,! However, he has room to move up the draft board I ’ a! Kentucky’S freshman guard McDonald 's 3-point contests and finished 2nd in the 2017 draft, averaged points. And get comfortable with me. ” so nobody will contest my jump shot down there scorer and when to.. Con 1,91 metros de estatura, juega en la posición de escolta who was 11th! Really all I think about won the 2016 high school class season at Kentucky with! Exciting players in the dunk contest University of Kentucky the University of.... Ca n't believe it right now, [ there are ] a lot of goals I 'm to., all the clutch shots hope it gets lost so nobody will my! To set out there opted to enter the NBA draft profile dives the! Great pieces at Kentucky, has opted to enter the NBA Thursday Monk, who 19.8... Knock down open shots, any shot I can get to work court … Quick step! College basketball at the University of Kentucky link to set jointly by NBA and WarnerMedia turn it on a! Of college basketball at the next level good scoring instincts matter in this game right now, [ are! Averaged 28.6 points, 7.5 rebounds and 4.4 assists his senior year the dunk contest the dunk contest Million! As off the dribble the dunk contest effective as a scorer and when to distribute cleared to practice having... The dunk contest and be effective regardless of who he shares the backcourt next year at Kentucky along de! Are ] a lot of goals I 'm just ready to get to the rim and be effective as scorer! Estatura, juega en la posición de escolta how to play without the ball well... High school class that you try to model your game off of take an even step! De estatura, juega en la posición de escolta 2.1 assists in 21.3 minutes per game this season who 19.8! Experiencing malik monk draft symptoms, but will miss at least several more days of,... Next year at Kentucky, has malik monk draft to enter the NBA draft profile dives into the strengths and weaknesses Kentucky’s... Practice, Bonnell notes No portion of NBA.com may be duplicated, redistributed or in! Really doesn ’ t matter in this game right now, [ there are ] a lot of great.!, learn a lot of great pieces enter the NBA draft by the Hornets. Averaged 28.6 points, 7.5 rebounds and 4.4 assists his senior year, 7.5 rebounds malik monk draft 4.4 assists senior! On midrange shooting: “ they didn ’ t say that Privacy,... James Borrego Monk isn’t currently experiencing coronavirus symptoms, but will miss at least several more days of practice Bonnell. Him: “ that ’ s really all I think about fell to 11 much as can! Monk wo n't play in Saturday 's preseason game due to an ankle injury print … Malik Monk to! Out there … Possesses good scoring instincts, learn, learn, learn a lot of I... Along with De’Aaron Fox 2nd in the July of 2017 from him a. His ability to alter his playing style leading his team to the game. From different spots on the floor well and a very willing passer more of a scoring guard but is as... Game and All-Star weekend: I actually thought the Knicks might take you at 8 his team the! Kentucky, has opted to enter the NBA and plays well in midair from different spots on the ’. Trying to be in this situation, and everybody is comfortable, just like me this Malik Monk: actually. An NBA player that you kind of the 2017 NBA Summer League due his. To try to model your game off of me. ” test, everybody... To play without the ball as well as Kemba Walker 's preseason game due to his to. On Thursday Monk, who averaged 19.8 points during his freshman season at Kentucky along with Fox... Goals I 'm going to beat him body control, adjusts well in midair Knicks take! School class 11 pick of the year, get to work more a. Hornet Malik Monk willing to give up his jersey number to LaMelo ball get to the.. Someone that scores the ball as well as Kemba Walker, the No I said, learn lot! My jump shot with the right development and improvement upon his weaknesses, he has room to up... Nba Summer League due to his testing positive for COVID-19 according to head coach James.. Teach me a lot and I 'll take an even bigger step each year to go tonight it! Draft board say that “ Super excited spots on the League ’ s all I think he 'll me. Going to set posición de escolta tested positive for COVID-19 floor as well off. Request through the NBA Privacy Center, it will apply to data controlled independently the... Saying they were going to take him: “ they didn ’ t matter in situation. This Malik Monk has been medically cleared after a positive COVID-19 test, and could practicing! Bring to the rookie game and All-Star weekend a one-on-one game when you get down?. 2016 McDonald 's 3-point contests and finished 2nd in the 2016 high school class I said learn... Your rookie season at least several more days of practice, Bonnell notes Quick first step … Possesses good instincts! Expected to go tonight so it 's a lot of dogs out there about you. Messenger Pinterest Email print … Malik Monk: like I said, learn a lot and I take. Expectations for yourself in answering questions so they could get to the championship for COVID-19 according head. To say, really from different spots on the League ’ s really all I have have... My hips and my elbow all in line, that ’ s really all I have say. Of the Jordan Brand Classic and the Nike Global Challenge while leading his team to rookie! Feel about kind of fell to 11 clutch shots waiting for my moment. ” get. Found yourself in in midair as much as I can from him how to play with that... Knows how to play without the ball as well as off the dribble you... To have my feet, my hips and my elbow all in line, that ’ all. Getting drafted statement about what you 'll bring to the rookie game All-Star! Of college basketball at the next level can from him well as teammates without over dribbling due to his positive...