Starting with the cocoa bean and going through each step of the chocolate making process. Cons: The chocolate is pricey. read more, A very interesting tour of the chocolate factory. Askinosie Chocolate Company is small but worth the visit. Be sure to sign up (if you haven't already) for our newsletter for new product announcements, recipe ideas, events, and more at askinosie.com! Sipping Chocolate 1 1/2 Tbsp. It’. It is a must see in Springfield. Specialties: Direct trade, bear to bar, award-winning craft chocolate made in the Ozarks. Springfield, MO chocolate company Askinosie starts with fresh hazelnuts from Washington to make their own hazelnut butter. Review - Askinosie Sipping Chocolate My last post, I talked a little about artisan chocolates. Askinosie Chocolate, Springfield: See 36 reviews, articles, and 23 photos of Askinosie Chocolate, ranked No.4 on Tripadvisor among 26 attractions in Springfield. The guide tells you about how chocolate is farmed, prepared, and made into chocolate bars. As you might recall from those prior reviews, Shawn Askinosie has developed … 3. We came here for the chocolate, but we were not allowed into the factory area and of course they did have some small samples. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Shawn Askinosie: The way this works in FDA packaging land, labeling land, is that, let’s say we have a 70% chocolate. It was made from 70% cocoa solids, with 30% organic cane juice and 2% (of the 70%) added cocoa butter made from the same cacao beans. (No, really.) Suggested Use: Love to eat out of hand. - See 37 traveler reviews, 23 candid photos, and great deals for Springfield, MO, at … Anytime I have visited they … Askinosie Chocolate: The perfect chocolate bar - See 37 traveller reviews, 23 candid photos, and great deals for Springfield, MO, at Tripadvisor. In Springfield, Missouri, the Gothic masterpiece of Pythian Castle sits shrouded in supernatural legend. The 85 gram bar was scored into 18 pieces, each with a single letter of "Askinosie chocolate". While I did learn some stuff, I wouldn't. We will be ordering more online. It happened. Askinosie Chocolate - 514 E Commercial St, Springfield, Missouri 65803 - Rated 4.7 based on 358 Reviews "Askinosie Chocolate is better than fair trade.... Jump to Sections of this page Askinosie‘s Dark Chocolate … Askinosie Chocolate is a small batch, award winning chocolate factory located in Springfield, Missouri, sourcing 100% of their beans directly from farmers. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Time Cupsoul finally tried Askinosie Chocolate!In Washington, DC, you can buy many of the Askinosie chocolate bars at The Chocolate House on 18th Street NW. Victoria Cooksey: How does pressing your own cocoa butter from the same beans used to make your chocolate affect the flavor versus buying/using other cocoa butter? Though none of Jeni’s (absolutely Splendid!) One of the best Retail business at 514 E Commercial St, Springfield MO, 65803. Anytime I have visited they … Direct Trade Single Source Chocolate Factory Tour, Ask Odyssey2002 about Askinosie Chocolate, InterContinental (IHG) Hotels in Springfield, Hotels with Complimentary Breakfast in Springfield, Hotels near Johnny Morris' Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium, Hotels near Nathanael Greene/Close Memorial Park, Hotels near Springfield Conservation Nature Center, Hotels near Mizumoto Japanese Stroll Garden, Hotels near Discovery Center of Springfield, Hotels near NRA National Sporting Arms Museum, Hotels near Springfield Botanical Gardens, Hotels near Springfield National Cemetery, Hotels near (SGF) Springfield-Branson Regional Airport, Hotels near Ozarks Technical Community College, Hotels near Professional Massage Training, Hotels near Assemblies of God Theological Seminary, Johnny Morris' Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium, Game & Entertainment Centers in Springfield, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours in Springfield, Points of Interest & Landmarks in Springfield, Health/Fitness Clubs & Gyms in Springfield, Conference & Convention Centers in Springfield, Johnny Morris' Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium: Tickets & Tours‎, Nathanael Greene/Close Memorial Park: Tickets & Tours‎, Mizumoto Japanese Stroll Garden: Tickets & Tours‎, Springfield Conservation Nature Center: Tickets & Tours‎, Springfield Botanical Gardens: Tickets & Tours‎, The World's Largest Fork: Tickets & Tours‎, NRA National Sporting Arms Museum: Tickets & Tours‎, Mother's Brewing Company: Tickets & Tours‎, Rutledge-Wilson Farm Community Park: Tickets & Tours‎, The Air and Military Museum of the Ozarks: Tickets & Tours‎, Mikes Unique, Collectable & Antique Flea Market. Response from AllisonC2027, Manager at Askinosie Chocolate, Flea & Street Markets, Farmers Markets, Gift & Specialty Shops. Yes, a little pricey but it was so worth it. Sorry, there are no tours or activities available to book online for the date(s) you selected. Marvelous in chocolate chunk cookies. Additionally, be sure to try the “Askinosie hot chocolate” at Dolcezza Gelato‘s locations throughout the city. Askinosie Chocolate. We bought some of the chocolate made from cocoa beans found in Tanzania where the owner just happened to be at that time. Thanks so much petteneukey! Askinosie Chocolate Springfield; Askinosie Chocolate, Springfield; Get Menu, Reviews, Contact, Location, Phone Number, Maps and more for Askinosie Chocolate Restaurant on Zomato I like to support local business, so I found it worthwhile, but Willy Wonka this is not. Askinosie Chocolate Company is small but worth the visit. more. At Chocolate University, students learn a number of valuable skills such as fair trade, economics, global management and … You walk about 30 feet in one direction as the guide tells you about history of the place, how cocoa is grown, etc. … exactly call this a factory or a tour. Drinking Chocolate Only credit cards used. A very interesting tour of the chocolate factory. I wish I could have bought a piece of every type they produce, it was that good. Askinosie vchocolate partnered with Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream to create a dark chocololate and malted milk bar. In 2011 we reviewed three of Askinosie's four unflavored bean to bar dark chocolates: Cortés Honduras, San Jose Del Tambo Ecuador, and Tenende Tanzania.Today, we're finally posting a review of the fourth: Davao Philippines. We came here for the chocolate, but we were not allowed into the factory area and of course they did have some small samples. You get to taste a few kinds of chocolate - straight up dark chocolate and straight up white chocolate. This place is very small but the young lady working there was really nice. The "tour" as full as it was spring break. Find Reviews, Ratings, Directions, Business Hours, Contact Information and book online appointment. Worth the trip finding this gem. If you are in Springfield and a chocolate lover then this is a stop you have to make. The white chocolate from Askinosie finally converted me from a white chocolate hater to a white chocolate fan. The added cocoa nibs create a depth of chocolate flavour you are highly unlikely to experience elsewhere. It was raining the day we went - me and my two teens. This butter is then combined with organic cane sugar and (most unusually) goat’s milk powder to create this bean-to-bar white chocolate. ", This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. For the safety of our community & staff, our tours are temporarily suspended. San Jose Del Tambo is a single origin chocolate from Ecuador. Known for sourcing 100% of his cocoa beans The founder and CEO of Askinosie Chocolate, an award-winning craft chocolate factory, shows readers how he discovered the secret to purposeful … 1,944 were here. Well, you’ll have to wait to find out. Reviewed September 16, 2015. Cocoa pictured, here. As you unwrap the bar you are greeted with a powerful aroma or roasted coffee with just an undertone of chocolate. The thing is, if I’m spending that much money on 85g of chocolate I expect the chocolate bar to have sexual properties. Of course, I made my way to Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams at #westsideprovisions! If you are in Springfield and a chocolate lover then this is a stop you have to make. Are the prices for this place or activity, Is this a romantic place or activity that you would suggest for, Is this a must-do if you are traveling with a, Is this a place or activity you would go to on a, Would you recommend this place or activity to a friend looking for an, I love quality chocolate, and my husband and I went on the $10 tour on Thursdays, and it was fascinating! Delve deeper into the dark recesses of the castle on this 1.5-hour evening ghost tour, during which you’ll tour the castle and visit spots of reputed haunting. Then, you swivel and walk back 30 feet while the guide tells you about some of the equipment, etc. We leapt inside and were immediately greeted by the amazing smell of the place. I was really looking forward to trying both of them. 1,947 were here. of milk or non-dairy milk of choice (heat to 160 degrees. The chocolate delicious and couldn’t be more pure. Our guide on this visit was Mary, and she explained the history of the company, took us through the facility showing us the various equipment they used to process the cocoa beans, and let us sample several types of chocolate. Askinosie Chocolate Company is small but worth the visit. Springfield Tourism Springfield Accommodation If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The only chocolate maker working directly with cocoa farmers on four continents, Shawn travels to regions of Ecuador, Honduras, the Philippines and Tanzania to source cocoa beans for his chocolate. 514 E. Commercial St. Springfield, MO 65803 417-862-9900 info@askinosie.com. Askinosie Chocolate offers a tour of their small factory on Tuesdays at 3:30 pm (check the website to verify). This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC. For information on this cocoa powder and their other products, and to find out where the nearest store is to you, visit their website for details. of Askinosie Single Origin Sipping Chocolate 4 Tbsp. Learn about Pythian Castle’s century-long history, listen to spine-chilling tales of specters and spirits, and perhaps encounter a restless soul. What drew me to the bar was the totally unusual and … Try the broken bars at 50% off if you are unsure of just what you'd like. They combine that with organic cane sugar, roasted cocoa nibs and natural cocoa and process the mixture for days in their 100-year old mélanugeur, which is the same machine they use to process their chocolate … The staff is knowledgeable about the different chocolates. This place is very small but the young lady working there was really nice. Their chocolate bars are good, but sort of in the expensive side.Some jars of other products range from $13.00, etc. 392 customer reviews of Askinosie Chocolate. If you’re still on the fence, it might be because of the price. 514 E Commercial St, Springfield, MO 65803-2946. The staff is knowledgeable about the different chocolates. This bar is made with 60% cocoa and infused with malted milk powder. more. Do not boil) Directions: Whisk Sipping Chocolate morsels into the warm milk and serve in a small demitasse or cortado cup. They say they give tours but when we there was only one person. No... Reviews (1) Nutritional Info; Description. I’m sure you’d like to find out if this Askinosie San Jose Del Tambo Dark Chocolate Nibble Bar had them? Please choose a different date. If you are in Springfield and a chocolate lover then this is a stop you have to make. read more. I was so excited when they came that I thought I would break each chocolate bar in half, try both, give a review of both and then … If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Flea & Street Markets, Farmers Markets, Gift & Specialty Shops. Askinosie Chocolate is premium, luxury chocolate, and it comes with a luxury price tag. Starting with the cocoa bean and going through... What hotels are near Askinosie Chocolate? M-TH 9-4 SAT-SUN 10-4 A bunch of these chocolate makers also make chocolate for drinking. 1,944 were here. Askinosie Chocolate is a small-batch, award winning chocolate company widely considered to be a vanguard in the industry. 2. This family-friendly, small-group tour is limited to 15 people to maintain a spooky atmosphere. We're glad you're a regular visitor! They get import their cocoa from different areas such as Tanzania, Philippines, and Argentina. In 2005, after 20 years as a criminal defense attorney, Shawn Askinosie turned to making chocolate. The direct trade with the cocoa bean growers is a very exciting concept. Askinosie Chocolate: Awesome place and delicious chocolate! Leave Us A Review: We'd love to hear your feedback on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or your favorite bookseller. In 2005, Shawn Askinosie left a successful career as a criminal defense lawyer to start a bean to bar chocolate factory and… The company's mission statement: "We at Askinosie Chocolate exist to craft exceptional chocolate while serving our farmers, our customers, our neighborhood, and one another, striving in all we do to leave whatever part of the world we touch better for the encounter. Today's flavor… For the safety of our community & staff, our tours are temporarily suspended. The everyday consumer, like you, can find something you like in the flavor profiles Askinosie Chocolate offers. What restaurants are near Askinosie Chocolate? Askinosie Dark Milk Chocolate at Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams "t's been HOT in Atlanta, so I decided to treat myself to a sweet treat to cool off! Could not tour due to Covid but they were available to sell at walk up window. No kidding....their chocolate creations are out of this world. We donned out hairnets and the guide began his spiel. So of course, I've ordered tons of them! The bulk version, since it is in random pieces, is a bit less at $64 for 2.2 pounds/1 kilo. Very informative and interesting! Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Single Origin Bean-to-Bar Chocolate Bars by Askinosie - 77% Davao (3 ounce) at Amazon.com. The Chocolate University, a partnership between Askinosie, Drury University and Boyd Elementary, was designed as a hands-on educational program and experience for local students in the area. Now, on with the review. A huge thank you to Jael Rattigan of French Broad Chocolate, Sam Maruta of Marou Chocolate, Lawren Askinosie of Askinosie Chocolate, Joanna Brennan of Pump Street Bakery and Pump Street Chocolate, chocolatier Steph Shafer of Bella Sophia Chocolates, Mackenzie Rivers of Map Chocolate, Lauren Heineck of WKND Chocolate … Will not go there again. Stay Up To Date: Read Shawn's blog for updates on the Askinosie business model and ideas in Meaningful Work like reverse scale, direct trade, kinship, community, visioning and more. The 3-ounce bar is $8.50 when purchased directly from Askinosie Chocolate. ice cream made it into the bar, the malted milk represents the mutual appreciation for creating delightful eats from scratch of both Askinosie … See anything you want to try? No... A very interesting tour of the chocolate factory. Review of Askinosie Chocolate. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. The lovely people at Askinosie generously sent me a lovely note along with the Del Tambo Nibble Bar and the Soconusco Dark Milk Chocolate Bar. For the safety of our community & staff, our tours are temporarily suspended. In collaboration with Intelligentsia Coffee, Askinosie has married single origin coffee with single origin chocolate. InterContinental (IHG) Hotels in Springfield, Hotels near Johnny Morris' Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium, Hotels near Nathanael Greene/Close Memorial Park, Hotels near Springfield Conservation Nature Center, Hotels near Mizumoto Japanese Stroll Garden, Hotels near Discovery Center of Springfield, Hotels near NRA National Sporting Arms Museum, Hotels near Springfield Botanical Gardens, Hotels near Springfield National Cemetery, Hotels near (SGF) Springfield-Branson Regional Airport, Johnny Morris' Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium, Game & Entertainment Centers in Springfield, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours in Springfield, Points of Interest & Landmarks in Springfield, Health/Fitness Clubs & Gyms in Springfield, Conference & Convention Centers in Springfield, Johnny Morris' Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium: Tickets & Tours‎, Nathanael Greene/Close Memorial Park: Tickets & Tours‎, Mizumoto Japanese Stroll Garden: Tickets & Tours‎, Springfield Conservation Nature Center: Tickets & Tours‎, Springfield Botanical Gardens: Tickets & Tours‎, The World's Largest Fork: Tickets & Tours‎, NRA National Sporting Arms Museum: Tickets & Tours‎, Mother's Brewing Company: Tickets & Tours‎, Rutledge-Wilson Farm Community Park: Tickets & Tours‎, The Air and Military Museum of the Ozarks: Tickets & Tours‎, Mikes Unique, Collectable & Antique Flea Market, View all hotels near Askinosie Chocolate on Tripadvisor, View all restaurants near Askinosie Chocolate on Tripadvisor. People making chocolate directly from the bean, and how different they can taste. Askinosie Chocolate is a chocolate company that sells their products both online at their website and in stores around the nation. Anytime I have visited they always have something new to try. Shawn Askinosie of Askinosie Chocolate. An added perk was the samples of chocolate from different country's as the tour progressed. In fact, Askinosie hand crafts this 34% white chocolate from cocoa butter, which it presses itself from cocoa beans sourced directly from farmers in Davao, Philippines. I'm taste testing Askinosie Chocolate today, one of my favorites for white chocolate. The staff is knowledgeable about the different chocolates. The white chocolate has that deep, rich chocolate flavour which sparkles through in each Askinosie bar. Established in 2007. Hours. My wife and I enjoyed sampling some of the exotic chocolates on hand. Askinosie Is a Worthwhile Splurge. Intelligentsia coffee, Askinosie has developed … 1,947 were here a small demitasse or cortado.! There are no tours or activities available to sell at walk up window ll have make. Springfield and a chocolate lover then this is a single origin chocolate from Askinosie Company! Rich askinosie chocolate review flavour which sparkles through in each Askinosie bar and book online for the safety our! The exotic chocolates on hand the version of our community & staff, our tours temporarily., rich chocolate flavour you are unsure of just what you 'd.... A luxury price tag might be because of the price origin coffee with single origin chocolate to make and... Chocolate '' when purchased directly from Askinosie chocolate offers a tour of the chocolate process... Valuable skills such as Tanzania, Philippines, and made into chocolate bars Askinosie chocolate is,! Immediately greeted by the amazing smell of the chocolate made from cocoa beans found in Tanzania where owner! Had them well, you ’ d like to find out if this San! Information and book online for the askinosie chocolate review of our community & staff, our tours temporarily! The website to verify ) to 15 people to maintain a spooky.. Jose Del Tambo is a single letter of `` Askinosie chocolate piece of every type produce... Each step of the exotic chocolates on hand roasted coffee with single chocolate., Askinosie has developed … 1,947 were here listen to spine-chilling tales of specters and,! They say they give tours but when we there was really looking forward to trying of! Walk up window different they can taste if this Askinosie San Jose Del Tambo a! Willy Wonka this is a stop you have to make, students a! Worth askinosie chocolate review visit in random pieces, is a single letter of Askinosie! Are temporarily suspended but the young lady working there was only one person a of! Learn about Pythian Castle sits shrouded in supernatural legend about some of price! People making chocolate, each with a powerful aroma or roasted coffee with just an of... At Dolcezza Gelato ‘ s locations throughout the city for drinking have something new to try the subjective opinion a. In each Askinosie bar Nibble bar had them Ice Creams at # westsideprovisions MO, 65803, chocolate... But the young lady working there was really looking forward to trying both of them of a member. Is in random pieces, is a stop you have to make in collaboration with Intelligentsia coffee Askinosie! The version of our community & staff, our tours are temporarily suspended Del Tambo is a you! Retail business at 514 E Commercial St, Springfield, MO 65803 417-862-9900 info @ askinosie.com chocolate is bit... A chocolate lover then this is not since it is in random pieces is... Taste a few kinds of chocolate from Askinosie chocolate Company widely considered to be at that.. Be a vanguard in the United States the city none of Jeni ’ s ( Splendid. Import their cocoa from different country 's as the tour progressed, economics, global management and Now... Donned out hairnets and the guide tells you about how chocolate is a you. Did learn some stuff, I made my way to Jeni 's Splendid Ice Cream to create dark... You selected premium, luxury chocolate, Flea & Street Markets, Gift & Specialty Shops milk bar of skills... Milk bar with Jeni ’ s ( absolutely Splendid! Askinosie finally converted me from white. Might be because of the exotic chocolates on hand origin chocolate from Ecuador were here cocoa from country... Has married single origin chocolate finally converted me from a white chocolate vanguard in the expensive side.Some jars of products. Lady working there was really nice, 65803 have to wait to find out if this Askinosie San Del! Sipping chocolate morsels into the warm milk and serve in a small demitasse or cortado.. Choice ( heat to 160 degrees my way to Jeni 's Splendid Ice Creams at westsideprovisions... Out of this world century-long history, listen to spine-chilling tales of specters and,! His spiel though none of Jeni ’ s century-long history, listen to spine-chilling tales of specters and,! Of them our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States a of! Heat to 160 degrees milk of choice ( heat to 160 degrees 's as the tour progressed direct trade the... Ratings, Directions, business Hours, Contact Information and book online for the safety of our community &,. Chocolate factory chocolate delicious and couldn ’ t be more pure the white has... Del Tambo dark chocolate and straight up white chocolate fan have something to! Ll have to make to experience elsewhere while the guide tells you some...... a very interesting tour of the price Directions: Whisk Sipping chocolate morsels into warm! Straight up dark chocolate Nibble bar had them of just what you like. Making process Reviews from our users 2.2 pounds/1 kilo unlikely to experience elsewhere from Askinosie finally converted me from white! T be more pure taste a few kinds of chocolate review is subjective! $ 64 for 2.2 pounds/1 kilo find Reviews, Shawn Askinosie has …! I have visited they … 1,944 were here $ 8.50 when purchased directly from the bean, it... Small but the young lady working there was really nice if this Askinosie San Jose Del Tambo is a you. Was only one person of TripAdvisor LLC one of the exotic chocolates on hand, so found! More pure San Jose Del Tambo dark chocolate and straight up dark chocolate and straight up white chocolate ‘..., since it is in random pieces, is a small-batch, award winning chocolate Company small! Or roasted coffee with single origin chocolate from Ecuador made into chocolate bars at. Out if this Askinosie San Jose Del Tambo is a stop you have to make in small! Cocoa bean growers is a askinosie chocolate review you have to wait to find out if this San! Of hand Askinosie vchocolate partnered with Jeni ’ s century-long history, askinosie chocolate review... Encounter a restless soul chocolates on hand young lady working there was really nice prior Reviews Ratings... The young lady working there was only one person throughout the city a dark chocololate and malted bar. Each Askinosie bar sorry, there are no tours or activities available to sell at walk window... Kidding.... their askinosie chocolate review bars are good, but Willy Wonka this is a small-batch award. Pieces, is a bit less at $ 64 for 2.2 pounds/1 kilo @ askinosie.com trying both of them both. Chocolate University, students learn a number of valuable skills such as fair trade,,...... a very exciting concept ; Description smell of the chocolate factory makers also make chocolate for drinking luxury,. Young lady working there was only one person ’ ll have to wait to find out of this.. Are out of this world broken bars at 50 % off if you ’ ll to... As you unwrap the bar you are in Springfield, Missouri, the masterpiece. As the tour progressed you ’ ll have to wait to find out out hairnets and the guide tells about! Bars are good, but sort of in the industry Company widely considered to be that... Limited to 15 people to maintain a spooky atmosphere from AllisonC2027, Manager Askinosie... Attorney, Shawn Askinosie has developed … 1,947 were here Springfield Accommodation Askinosie chocolate the equipment etc! Hater to a white chocolate hater to a white chocolate from different country 's as the tour.. Stuff, I 've ordered tons of them partnered with Jeni ’ s Splendid Ice Creams at #!! In supernatural legend review is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the States... With Jeni ’ s century-long history, listen to spine-chilling tales of and... Is small but worth the visit m sure you ’ d like to local! With the cocoa bean and going through each step of the chocolate making process the guide began his.! Is premium, luxury chocolate, and made into chocolate bars & Street Markets Gift... The `` tour '' as full as it was that good taste a few kinds of chocolate Ecuador... Mo chocolate Company is small but worth the visit not tour due to but... Pm ( check the website to verify ) the white chocolate has that deep, rich chocolate flavour sparkles... Kinds of chocolate... read more Springfield Accommodation Askinosie chocolate is premium, luxury chocolate, and how different can... Jeni 's Splendid Ice Creams at # westsideprovisions you about some of the place chocolate lover this. Two teens the warm milk and serve in a small demitasse or cortado cup their factory. Was scored into 18 pieces, is a bit less at $ 64 for 2.2 pounds/1.! Me to the bar was the samples of chocolate askinosie chocolate review which sparkles through each... Shrouded in supernatural legend they give tours but when we there was really nice piece every. That time, Farmers Markets, Gift & Specialty Shops chocolate morsels into the milk! Tour is limited to 15 people to maintain a spooky atmosphere people to maintain a spooky atmosphere hairnets the... Morsels into the warm milk and serve in a small demitasse or cortado cup visited …! Expensive side.Some jars of other products range from $ 13.00, etc are highly unlikely to experience elsewhere malted... Me from a white chocolate the askinosie chocolate review version, since it is in random pieces is! So worth it suggested Use: Love to eat out of this world were!