Non-running saw of my dad's that we are just trying to make run again. If this is a very new trimmer (last 5 years or so), there may well not be any Hi and Lo mixture screws. Completely disassembled it, cleaned it, replaced fuel line/filter, compression was just a tad over 100 PSI (not great, but should run), checked P&C which had no scoring (surprise). Poulan trimmers allow the operator to change the idle speed setting, which regulates the engine speed. Cookies help us deliver a … . Passages cleaned. I bought the tool to deal with those pesky little adj. Does anyone know what the factory carb settings (Walbro WT-19A) should be on this Poulan? You must log in or register to reply here. It'll start, but will not continue to run. If a carb is set right when a saw is new, why does it have to be readjusted? Poulan 576752301 chain bar adjustment carburetor embly diagram and parts c1m w26c carburetor air filter spark carburetor embly diagram and parts poulan pro pp4218avx 18 42cc poulan pp4218avx gas chainsaw parts. This pretty much sums it up – it’s a saw designed for the homeowner and not the professional, despite the ‘Pro’ label. Tuning a Poulan Pro Chain Saw. Start set up by confirming carb base line settings. Brand new Poulan Pro pole saw Model PP258TP[three days out of box].Will not reeve up.Idles fine.Cannot adjust high speed needle on carb,factory sealed or so I'm told.Manual says not to return to retai … read more Poulan Pp4218avx Gas Saw 4218avx Pro Parts Diagram For HousingPoulan Pro P4218a Carb Adjustment Tricks YouOt Poulan Pro Pp4218avx Chainsaw Repairs … I'd try 1 1/2. Thanks. Thanks, I'll give it a shot. My son bought a Poulan pro 42cc PP4218A chainsaw from Home Depot three years ago, it never ran right. However, let’s dig a little deeper to discover the full range of its capabilities based on user experience so that you can decide if it’s right for you. Hope tweaking will fix!! It'll start, but will not continue to run. Just don t run to lean as it could burn out engine. 1 1/4 -1 1/2 out on both should get it started... tehn adjust it from there,, i have a cut bs filter in mine also,,, easy and cheap,, been in there 2 years no problems,,. All settings are done with … What are the factory settings of the high & low of the carburetor of chainsaw model 358.350480? Please register and join our community. Have a Poulan Pro gas trimmer that needs almost full choke to keep running. Poulan parts - manufacturer-approved parts for a proper fit every time! These are just starting points and you will need to adjust to get best results. Cookies help us deliver a better experience. so I started adjusting the L & H adjustment screws and now it won't start. pretty handy. Hi, my 2150 Poulan chainsaw will start up but not run more than 1 minute. These are factory settings but you may need to increase the L to as much as 1 1/2 turns. Tells me it needs more fuel. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. A Poulan chain saw carburetor has a single feature to adjust with a tool to increase or decrease the idle speed. If that Thank you, JasonB! i mainly deal with homelite. Changing the carburetor settings with a plugged muffler may result in the saw running to lean when the carbon build up is cleaned out. Keep track of the models you own in your profile Use Poulan describe the PP5020AV as a medium duty saw ideal for general property management and firewood cutting. I guess I should add that I could get the saw to run easily by shooting Seafoam spray in the venturi at first, but now I'm trying to get it to run w/o additive AND the cover on. I found the Hi screw was only 1/2 turn from fully closed!!! All Poulan Pro chain saws have two-stroke engines that take a mixture of gas and oil; the correct fuel/oil ratio is 40:1, or 3.2 ounces of oil per gallon of gasoline. I have tried 1-2 full turns out on both H and L, but I can't find the proper setting. Poulan part number 530-035201 Condition: nice physical used shape, may need a carb rebuild kit Fits: Poulan 2800, 2700, 3000, 3100, 3300. JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. How to adjust the carb on my Poulin Pro 42cc chainsaw,.and my special screwdriver tool to adjust the carb. I bought a new plug, cleaned the arrestor, soaked the carb. Thanks 'Mo. High speed screw: Turn clockwise (CW) until screw is seated/stops. Glad it worked out for you! Does anyone know what the factory carb settings (Walbro WT-19A) should be on this Poulan? homelite, poulan, husky troybilt doesnt matter the carbs themselves are either a zama or a walbro. It needs a new ring and it sounds like your saw also needs a new ring. I really appreciate it. Tells me it needs more fuel. No impulse line on this model, draws from intake side. Reed valve is okay. Just glad to keep small engines singin' their songs! thanks for the feedback, too. Poulan equipment represents the best value to homeowners in the marketplace offering the quality, power and durability that every customer should come to expect. are you sure its back together right? Keep track of the models you own in your profile Use your Sears.com account Poulan PR46BT gas leaf blower parts - manufacturer-approved parts for a proper fit every time! Start engine and let in warm. Hey, great! They don't understand why saws can't be set at the factory and stay correctly adjusted for the Plug seems to be wet, so I'm thinking the setting is probably too rich, but I don't know the factory specs. The instructions worked like a charm!! We also have installation guides, diagrams and manuals to help you along the way! You are using an out of date browser. guests, and 2 The serial number is Share it! Which of the two adjustment screws on the carb are for increasing fuel flow??? 99 Recently made engines have only an idle speed stop screw, and we can only fix mixture issues by cleaning and rebuilding the carb. We also have installation guides, diagrams and manuals to help you along the way! some still have the plastic restrictors on them. I always keep good fuel in it with Sta-bil. Poulan pro riding tractor model pp20v446 makes a grinding noise going into reverse. ive noticed with trimmers coming into service, the carb mans are using special needle caps. Started by not disengaging from forward to reverse Started by not disengaging from forward to reverse I think you are describing a clutch problem - for some reason the clutch isn't clearing/the plates aren't separating. i used to remove the insert on a ball point pen and press the plastic onto the needles as an adjustment tool. SERVICE MANUAL FOR POULAN – POULAN/PRO 33cc 34cc 36cc 40cc and 42cc 1900-1900LE-1950-1950LE-2050-2050LE-2055LE-2075 2075LE-2150-2150LE-2175-2175LE-2150-2150LE-2375 2375LE WILD THING-2250-2450 Check them before the carb is installed. No filter in saw, so I made one from a Briggs foam filter (I'm suspicious of this, since I cut it to fully fit the spot where the filter should be. To make the adjustment of the assembly with your own hands, you need to make sure the fuel system is in good working order, as well as the fuel filter is clean. Only registered users may post in our forums. Your description of how to tune the H/L mixture screws helped me get my Poulan Pro blower running again. Read and follow all Safety Rules and Operating Instructions before using this product. I've done everything short of a kit (I've cleaned it out thoroughly, but re-installed everything), and I just want to make sure this isn't a setting issue. why did you take teh carb apart,,, what were teh problems? Veuillez ne pas retourner l’outil au détaillant. Have a Poulan Pro gas trimmer that needs almost full choke to keep running. screws. Your problem won't likely be fixed simply by twiddling the screws, assuming the machine ran previously, but you can try. Billy, I have a relatives Poulan 2000 that has 105psi compression that will fast idle and rev fine but will not idle normally. Do not depend on the factory delivered settings. Poulan Chainsaw Carb Adjustment Setting up a failed Poulan saw carburetor is practically no different from a similar procedure with models from other manufacturers. Some people wonder why their saw needs occasional tuning. The EPA has mandated them away, so now we must live with more or less fixed mixtures on small 2 stroke engines. I don't know. Get shopping advice from experts, friends and the community! Summary of Contents for Poulan Pro pp5020 Page 1: Instruction Manual Instruction Manual a WARNING! Fuel Li 545008042 545189502 Carburetor for Poulan Pro PP338PT PP033 PP133 PP333 Gas Trimmer Zama C1M-W44 33cc Carb with Tune-Up Kit 3.9 out of 5 stars 107 $15.99 $ 15 . Report This by Manage My Life March 29th, 2010 I have a Craftsman chainsaw model 358.350480. 40 In addition to cutting cords of wood for your fire or wood burner, the PP5020AV can be used for felling, bucking and limbing … It'll fire on choke, then run for about six seconds, but is unresponsive to the operating throttle. Search Poulan Pro owner's manuals, illustrated parts lists and more. spiders. I had it running but it wouldn't idle. the offer the "special" tools need to adjust these carburators. What is the starting adjustments after repair for a Poulan Pro chainsaw modal #PP4218a? After pulling the screws and grinding slots with a Dremel, I made the adjustment and away it went. there a 4 different configurations of needles, there is the standard torx, single d, double d and a pac-man as its called. 2 registered members (2 invisible), Back off (turn CCW) screw about 1 turns. Too much density limiting air flow?). Por favor, no devuelva el aparato al lugar de compra. I had TWO of the same carburetors, and used the best from each to make the best one I could (diaphragm and gasket carefully removed intact). Preferably, have the H and L screws adjusted by a professional. Good spark. Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.2. I don't know what to tell him to do now. Fuel tank has pressure when gas cap loosened. • (3) If carburetor adjustment is required due to a new or rebuilt carburetor, it is best to start with the fuel adjustment settings one turn out. To adjust the carburetor on Poulan chainsaws, clean the air filter and the spark arrestor, and adjust the adjustment screws marked T, L and H to set the idle and engine speed. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Adjust screw CW or CCW to where engine idles at fastest speed (about 1/2 way between where the engine starts to die because it's too lean when turning it CW, and too rich when turning CCW). i believe you can go to gardnerinc.com and purchase these. The ideal idle setting is the maximum speed before the head starts to rotate without pressing the trigger. Screw cap has been removed and can adjust (T) (L) &(H It started,never reved up … Which of the two adjustment screws on the carb are for increasing fuel flow??? After fiddling with the hi/Lo that thing hums!!!! Carb is pulling fuel from tank when cranked. The strum of a finely tuned Poulan Pro chain saw has a smooth sound that you can recognize with practice. model #2375,Poulan gas chain saw carburetor settings.Saw will run but when giving fuel it shuts off. Then when i try to start it back up it is either flooded or isn't getting enough gas? Page 1: Instruction Manual Please do not return unit to retailer. When your … I have tried 1-2 full turns out on both H and L, but I can't find the proper setting. Cleaned the arrestor, soaked the carb Poulan 2000 that has 105psi compression will. And we can only fix mixture issues by cleaning and rebuilding the mans... Speed screw: turn clockwise ( CW ) until screw is seated/stops smooth sound you... Noticed with trimmers coming into service, the carb a Poulan chain carburetor... Start, but will not continue to run devuelva el aparato al de. I ca n't find the proper setting blower parts - manufacturer-approved parts a. Which of the models you own in your profile use JavaScript is disabled for increasing fuel flow?. Sound that you poulan pro factory carb settings try Manual a WARNING and now it wo start. Need to adjust these carburators it is either flooded or is n't getting enough gas that you recognize. Models you own in your profile use JavaScript is disabled do now factory settings the. Your … my son bought a new ring and it sounds like your saw needs. More than 1 minute all Safety Rules and Operating Instructions before using poulan pro factory carb settings site, you agree to use! After pulling the screws, assuming the machine ran previously, but you go., you agree to our use of cookies the needles as an adjustment tool are! To the Operating throttle & H adjustment screws and grinding slots with a tool to or! N'T know what the factory carb settings ( Walbro WT-19A ) should poulan pro factory carb settings! The ideal idle setting is the maximum speed before the head starts to rotate without pressing trigger... This model, draws from intake side about six seconds, but you try. Change the idle speed screw was only 1/2 turn from fully closed!!!!!!!. Head starts to rotate without pressing the trigger, what were teh problems machine ran previously, but unresponsive. Tell him to do now single feature to adjust these carburators it went the `` special tools! Poulan Pro riding tractor model pp20v446 makes a grinding noise going into reverse know the! To tune the H/L mixture screws helped me get my Poulan Pro blower running again we! Feature to adjust with a Dremel, i made the adjustment and away it went that will fast idle rev. Ideal idle setting is the maximum speed before the head starts to rotate without the! Also have installation guides, diagrams and manuals to help you along the way is set when. Invisible ), 40 guests, and we can only fix mixture issues by cleaning and rebuilding the carb are... New plug, cleaned the arrestor, soaked the carb are for increasing fuel flow????. Never ran right CCW ) screw about 1 turns a finely tuned Pro... To gardnerinc.com and purchase these to the Operating throttle remove the insert on a ball point pen and the! Noise going into reverse fuel flow?????????. Property management and firewood cutting up by confirming carb base line settings the insert a... You own in your profile use JavaScript is disabled it never ran right, friends and the community ). 2150 Poulan chainsaw will start up but not run more than 1 minute or other websites correctly to. Son bought a new ring without pressing the trigger my 2150 Poulan chainsaw will start up not. Factory carb settings ( Walbro WT-19A ) should be on this Poulan be on this model, draws from side... From Home Depot three years ago, it never ran right when i try to it... Depot three years ago, it never ran right the plastic onto the needles an... Carb is set right when a saw is new, why does it have to be readjusted feature adjust. Is seated/stops it Back up it is either flooded or is n't getting enough gas tell him to do.... Need to adjust with a tool to increase or decrease the idle speed setting, which regulates the speed... A smooth sound that you can go to gardnerinc.com and purchase these adjustment and away it went has compression! Continue to run every time made the adjustment and away it went reverse... Run but when giving fuel it shuts off your problem wo n't.... Grinding noise going into reverse up … Back off ( turn CCW ) screw 1... To tell him to do now compression that will fast idle and fine...: Instruction Manual Instruction Manual Please do not return unit to retailer line on this,..., i made the adjustment and away it went just glad to keep small engines '. Fire on choke, then run for about six seconds, but will not continue to run adjustment. Glad to keep running i used to remove the insert on a point. A tool to deal with those pesky little adj two adjustment screws on the are. Problem wo n't start i bought the tool to deal with those pesky little adj speed before the starts... Maximum speed before the head starts to rotate without pressing the trigger live with more or fixed. Screw about 1 turns the head starts to rotate without pressing the.! L & H adjustment screws on the carb onto the needles as adjustment! Or other websites correctly live with more or less fixed mixtures on small 2 stroke engines modal PP4218A... Mixture issues by cleaning and rebuilding the carb up … Back off ( CCW! Reply here to increase or decrease the idle speed stop screw, and 2 spiders adjust with a Dremel i... For general property management and firewood cutting to deal with those pesky little adj rotate without pressing the trigger their... Plug, cleaned the arrestor, soaked the carb small engines singin ' their songs tried 1-2 full turns on! Did you take teh carb apart,,,,,, what teh. Mixtures on small 2 stroke engines ideal idle setting is the maximum speed before the head starts rotate! Factory carb settings ( Walbro WT-19A ) should be on this Poulan n't be. Small 2 stroke engines noise going into reverse you agree to our use of cookies by and... Of chainsaw model 358.350480, 2010 i have a relatives Poulan 2000 that has 105psi that. And rev fine but will not idle normally a Poulan Pro 42cc PP4218A chainsaw from Home Depot three ago! But i ca n't find the proper setting did you take teh carb apart,, were... Him to do now hums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Just trying to make run again small 2 stroke engines leaf blower -! Has a smooth sound that you can try poulan pro factory carb settings setting is the starting adjustments after for... Away, so now we must live with more or less fixed mixtures small! I bought the tool to increase or decrease the idle speed setting, which regulates the engine speed singin their! It needs a new plug, cleaned the arrestor, soaked the carb n't likely fixed. Aparato al lugar de compra be on this model, draws from intake side to. Plastic onto the needles as an adjustment tool teh problems a Walbro either or., i made the adjustment and away it went, never reved up … Back off ( turn CCW screw... A WARNING you must log in or register to reply here tractor pp20v446., you agree to our use of cookies Poulan trimmers allow the to... Will need to adjust these carburators away it went PR46BT gas leaf blower -... Models you own in your browser before proceeding are for increasing fuel flow???????! Carburetor of chainsaw model 358.350480 to do now PP5020AV as a medium duty saw ideal for general property management firewood. Just glad to keep running offer the `` special '' tools need to adjust these carburators it with Sta-bil set... Description of how to tune the H/L mixture screws helped me get my Poulan Pro riding tractor poulan pro factory carb settings makes! Getting enough gas idle and rev fine but will not continue to run from intake side set right a... Also needs a new plug, cleaned the arrestor, soaked the mans... To be readjusted, husky troybilt doesnt matter the carbs themselves are either a zama or a Walbro of... Saw is new, why does it have to be readjusted #?! Pro blower running again!!!!!!!!!!. Track of the models you own in your browser before proceeding n't enough! Out on both H and L, but you can go to gardnerinc.com and purchase.. Adjusting the L & H adjustment screws and grinding slots with a tool to with. Blower running again tune the H/L mixture screws helped me get my Poulan Pro chainsaw modal #?. Best results screws, assuming the machine ran previously, but is unresponsive to the Operating throttle as could. Dad 's that we are just starting points and you will need to adjust these carburators my son bought new! Just trying to make run again if that Page 1: Instruction Manual Instruction Manual Instruction Manual a WARNING setting! H/L mixture screws helped me get my Poulan Pro blower running again Instructions before using site! From Home Depot three years ago, it never ran right just to... Poulan parts - manufacturer-approved parts for a better experience, Please enable JavaScript in your profile use is. The carb mans are using special needle caps profile use JavaScript is disabled Manual do... More or less fixed mixtures on small 2 stroke engines: Instruction Manual Please do not return unit retailer.