So if you are really looking to go ALL TERRAIN we suggest you take a make a few waterproofing steps. Without very specific and specialized modifications, you shouldn’t exceed that general hub-deep recommendation. So, if you drive straight through water that is approximately as deep as the middle of the wheels, your SCX10, for example, will traverse the conditions with no concern. Click Here to Read Our SCX10 Waterproof Post. Brushless Motors Here’s a fun fact. They can even run under water—completely submerged. Re: Best servo for Axial Wraith I runeed savox as hitecho is to spendyou I won't pay over 100 bucks wether it's on my gasser helicopter or lowly crawler. Batteries Waterproof: Yes, water resistant Scale: 1/10th ... BigSquid Rating: B Axial fans should be pleased with the new direction Axial has taken with the Wraith. Axial has given the go ahead to talk about the new Axial Racing Wraith Spawn Rock Racer. Those guys you see driving their RC vehicles into lakes to show off how waterproof their vehicle is might be in for surprise when they lose signal. This technique was used because it was the only option for sealed, non-rebuildable motors and/or because the job of breaking in needed to be done quickly. Axial Wraith Spawn Rock Racer. With water crossings, core enthusiasts, however, will tell you that you need various modifications such as lengthened differential breather vents raised off the axle and onto the firewall, waterproofing of the distributor and airbox and, of course, the iconic snorkel. IPX-3: Protected against spraying water when tilted up to 60 degrees vertically Axial Wraith Spawn 4WD RC Rock Racer Off-Road 4x4 RTR with 2.4Ghz Radio & Waterproof ESC, 1/10 Scale RTR The Wraith Ready-to-Run 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD Rock Racer is another "FIRST" for Axial with the first and most realistic full tube-frame chassis design that is manufactured with high strength composite materials. Your entire vehicle is an investment and worth protecting. Then, with a close eye on development within the full-size rock racing niche, Axial delivered the Wraith™, further expanding the radio control crawling / rock racing categories.Metal to … Besides the Axial standard of plenty of licensed parts, they have continued to update and refine the already proven Wraith platform. Without the vent, tires would not readily conform to obstacles and would act more like bouncy balls on bumps and jumps than tires. Honest information will prevent you from ruining your investment. This claim of the vehicle being waterproof is somewhat misleading. The battery indicator light also lets you know when your transmitter batteries run low. Again, water dipping the motor causes rapid wear. $18.88. Even a small amount of water can get moved around inside the box and eventually inside the receiver. This is only partially true. Again, these boxes provide great protection, but shouldn’t be relied on for submerging your vehicle. The foam supports the tire so it can bear the weight of the vehicle and the vents allow air to escape and reenter as the foam compresses and then regains its shape. AE-5 ESC, WATERPROOFThe Axial AE-5 ESC is 3S LiPo capable yet easily switched “in the field” between LiPO and NiMh battery types with a simple jumper – no more complex procedures. This is the Radio Controlled, Electric Powered, Ready to Run Wraith Spawn Rock Racer from Axial. $7.40. Cruising through shallow water will not harm your Axial bearings and even mud can be cleaned off the outer surface. Clean water wears down the brushes quickly; dirty water—naturally more abrasive—wears the brushes and scores the softer commutator. This isn’t just an appearance issue; hex hardware will often start corroding inside the hex-shaped head and make maintenance difficult. Take the wheel and take command over mud, rocks, and sand! 20T MOTOR Tear up the terrain, be it … The competitions range from mild trail runs with gates, to full on “Top Truck Challenge” style events. Both, however, have exposed tabs that easily corrode. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Axial R/C Inc. is extremely pleased to announce the Axial Jeep® Wrangler Wraith-Poison Spyder Rock Racer. The Wraith™ Spawn 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD Rock Racer is a lot from column A and even more from column B. The Axial® Wraith™ 1.9 4×4 is a new, 1/10 scale, ready-to-run platform that delivers it all —technical rock crawling prowess and detailed scale looks. The bushings (or bearings) will also need to be lubricated after, which requires the motor to be completely removed from the vehicle for cleaning and maintenance. The Axial Wraith™ Spawn is packed with performance features. The stainless steel shields used in most RC vehicles are high quality and well-sealed, but are designed to keep debris out and are not watertight. 2.4GHz RADIO FOR WORRY-FREE DRIVINGThe AX-3 2.4GHz transmitter is a two channel, pistol grip radio with servo reversing switches for steering and throttle, trim dials for fine tuning steering and throttle centers. If the O-ring falls out of position on the main lid or there isn’t sufficient grease on the seal for the servo leads and antenna wire, the box will leak. I run a savox 1268 on my wraith it seems to get me on the same trails and rocks as the higher priced … The Axial Wraith™ changes the game with its impressive 1:1 scale looks, high-speed monster truck "bashability," and technical "crawl" capabilities. I just followed the instructions on waterproofing an SCX10 on Axial's website. The same holds true for Axial vehicles; hub deep is safe for your Axial vehicle. Looks a lot like the Traxxas receiver boxes. It has a nice rubber seal around it. I ended up putting mine in a double zip tied balloon. IPX-7: Protected against water immersion. IPX-2: Protected against spraying water when tilted up to 15 degrees vertically • Jumper 1 provides a simple plug and play choice between LiPo or NiMh.