Make increases as for the full circle shawl, but noting you must increase on alternate rows, rather than every 4th row. A long, fringed shawl is perfect for draping over your casual outfits, to take them … Pat yourself on the back! I have a deep and abiding love of basics, but I also increasingly find basics to be the most rewarding things to make. Make sure that the sweater panels are big enough to wrap around the pillow form. Trained as a Family and Consumer Science Teacher, I taught GRADS and Personal Development, then taught about organ, eye and tissue donation for a non-profit. Using the cutting guide with the pattern placed under it on the sweater, the rotary cutter makes quick work of cutting out the sweater rectangles. The original pattern calls for crocheting 24 rows, which makes a scarf measuring 51″ wide by 17.5″ in height. Sarah E. White. Then you'll appreciate this sweater (or shawl) clip tutorial from Beaddiagrams. If the weather warms up, you can always fold your shawl into a long vertical strip of fabric and drape it over your shoulder, or tie it around your purse strap, depending on its size. Start by casting on the number of stitches that … They manage to always add a bit of sophistication whether you dress it up or dress it down. Creatively constructed from a simple rectangle, this flattering sweater comes together easily with zero shaping, increasing or decreasing. Tip Oversized Wrap-Style Shawl Knitting Pattern. You now have 3 balls of yarn attached for what will become the fronts and back. Sew along the top and side edges of the pillow. This girl is just amazing. Make this seam as long as the distance from your wrist to your armpit. Use some sort of large zig-zag stich; it's a sweater and you want some stretch. To make a smaller toddler/kids sized hooded scarf, use a child or small ladies sized sweater. Makes a great "beginner sweater" for someone who hasn't crocheted apparel. You should have two long strips of luscious cashmere - the same length and the same width. DC into the 4th CH from the hook. I twist-tied a yardstick to a hanger so the fabric could hang flatter and I could match up the edges. As I came back down the length of the scarf and I got about 3 inches from where I started, I locked my stitches in (reverse stitch then forward again), and allowed that 3 inches to remain un-sewn. Especially if the sweater … Sarah E. White. But for this project, you want the sweaters to be felted. If you have any questions about my … via @makeanddocrew #makeanddocrew #crochet #freecrochetpattern #sweater #cardigan #chunkysweater #videotutorial #crochetsweater #beginnercrochetpattern #sweaterpattern … Facebook; Twitter; Sarah is a freelance writer, editor, and crafter. I cut a rectangle from that paper that measured 9" x 7" - which would make my scarf rectangles finish out at 8" x 6". You can see in the "before steaming" picture it is still slightly puckered. ), Lay the pieces out so you know how you will sew them together (Picture to the left.). Combining a charcoal shawl-neck sweater with light blue jeans is an on-point idea for a laid-back look. Steam it well! I also like to iron the pieces before I pin them together so they lay nice and flat and are easy to line up. Of course, there are hundreds of different crochet shawl designs out there. If you do this - make sure to cover ALL the edge of the heart - you want it completely covered. Because of the warmth of the material, pashmina shawls can also be worn as an alternative to a jacket in cool weather. your own Pins on Pinterest By: Erin Gifford. I also used a medium length of stitch (no picture.) (far right picture) They may not show up until you have washed the sweater. I’ve added some ribbed detail around the neckline and of course some fringe on the ends. The crochet shawl is designed width wise, so the initial chain you make will be the length of your shawl. You could make a whole matching set from one sweater. Turn the scarf inside out, using the "hole". There are triangle shawls, circle shawls, half circle shawls, and so forth. Finished shawl is roughly 165 cm (65”) wide. Feb 22, 2012 - This Pin was discovered by Kate Williams. A "pile" of Cashmere sweaters from the thrift-store. Take the pillow off the sweater and set it aside. Step 1: Make a long cut across. How-to: Vintage Stamp Coasters. Want to break out of the mold? I wanted my finished scarf to be 8 inches wide by at least 66 inches long. Keep yarn needs in mind. We are only increasing. Your scarf is done! Crochet Hooded Fall Cardigan 2. Look her up at ReFashionista.net She inspired me to attempt reusing my Questions? Turn the shawl right side out through the opening you left in one side. Now - steam the entire scarf - paying special attention to the areas where the seams meet on the edges of the scarf. 58 free craft tutorials on how to make shawls at home, including how to make a shawl. Shawl in a Ball (c2c pictorial) CH 6. 1 Superfine; 2 Fine; 3 Light; 4 Medium; 5 Bulky; 6 Super Bulky; 7 Jumbo; Skill Level . What is a Crochet Pocket Shawl. Be sure to fill up the water chamber of iron and set it to steam. If your blazer is starting to make you sad (and cold), take things up a notch by combining a prince of wales shirt, grey shawl collar sweater, and your dressy work pants. When picking them out, I didn't think about how the colors would look together, but that is something you might want to pay attention to when picking out your sweaters. If you are going to make this crochet sweater, please tag me @wilmawestenberg on Instagram and add this pattern to your Ravelry queue. Continue sewing until you have all 4 corners done and are starting down the long side, toward where you started sewing the scarf together. Why You Should Wear One: Designed as a sort of cross between a pullover and a sports jacket, shawl necks make for great, distinctive sweaters. I usually cut off the ribbing at the bottom of the sweater first because it causes the body of the sweater to pull in just a little. If you want a quick, easy way to upgrade your old sweater routine try a shawl collar sweater. This simple design makes a bold statement that can be worn several different ways: like sweater or wrap or scarf. This bobble stitch cardigan with pockets is right on trend and perfect for crocheters who are new to making sweaters. Shawl #8 cannot be fully completed until Luclin. Cut a horizontal line across the sweater just under the armpits. Step 3: Cut your sweater according to what you want. The shawls are versatile and can be worn as stoles, scarves and shawls to complement outfits. Last Row. It features long sleeves with cuff, fold-down shawl-collar, and waistband. Then why not introduce a pair of black leather oxford shoes to the mix? To begin this list of cozy and attractive outfit ideas, let me first show you business casual outfit that can make you look smart and cozy. Add a white wrap shawl sweater that comes with some nifty fringe details. Turn. Grey Wrap Shawl Sweater with White Chiffon Blouse & Jeans. Step 1: Make your pattern by putting your hand on a piece of paper and tracing around it. If you can double crochet, you can make this crochet shawl without any problems. repeat those pin/sew/steam steps with the other side of your scarf. . Note: Shawl 1-7 can be done during Velious. The Shawl Collar Sweater Is Back. Posted on 15.06.2020 by alenaapina999. Top-down knits are easily lengthened by simply removing the bind-off edge, or the last row, attaching yarn and continuing to knit in the previous pattern until you reach your desired length. What you'll get: A five-page PDF printable pattern written in… You may find you have a few pieces you won't use - especially if you have a color that just doesn't go with the rest of the scarf. Nov 28, 2017 - In this video tutorial, we'll learn how to crochet a sweater start to finish. Shawl collar sweaters have been rocked by James Bond to Steve McQueen. That is because Cashmere will felt - if you wanted to WEAR the sweater, you wouldn't want it to felt. Lengthening a hand-knit sweater is possible even if the sweater was knit from the bottom up. Free pattern + tutorial in sizes S-3X. If you care which side shows on your scarf, you will want to take care when cutting/laying out your pieces so you have the look you want! Perfect for nights in watching Netflix and crocheting, saturday mornings sipping coffee or even paired with some jean shorts and sneakers to wear out. The settings on my sewing machine are easy - straight stitch, and a medium width. The long gray scarf/shawl with sleeves at both ends turns into a sweater in an instant. Don't forget to lock your stitches in place by sewing forward and backward before sewing down the length of the scarf. The great part about this upcycle project is that it only uses a small part of the sweater. The Flyaway Vest. These are digital PDF Sewing Patterns. Put the presser foot back down and sew until you reach the next corner. Step 4 Construction variations Pi circular shawl . Press the seams, so the seam stitching is at the very edge. Bella Vita Shawl Ana Lucia Shawl This Is Me Shawl Lovely Luisa Shawl Pom pom happiness shawl Luv Puff Sweater. 4. Go Shopping Refresh your home with stylish products handpicked by HGTV editors. Pin the sweater together, if needed, then sew along the top and side edges using a ½-inch (1.27-centimeter) seam allowance. . A lightweight shawl, such as the one worn by this fashion influencer, adds plenty of visual interest to your outfit, and you won't feel suffocated in the way you might by a heavy coat. Australia anthropologie wrap cardigan sweaters patterns online summer online how to wear long tunic sweaters for beginners . 1. nicer!? Lay the two long strips of scarf with the right sides together. In all honesty, Make Your Own Basics is my favorite series I’ve done so far on the blog. Did you make this project? These pretty accessories keep the sweaters nicely cinched for a flattering look and shawls firmly on your shoulders. It leaves the rest of the sweater to be upcycled into a hat and a scarf. Great idea for making your own cashmere scarf and I think the colors look great together even if you didn't plan them :), About: I love to cook, knit, sew, and garden. It's not essential - it's just . The Shawl Collar Sweater Is Back. The Pullover Shawl-Collar Sweater Sewing Pattern is comfortable, stylish and definitely, a must-have in your life. These pretty accessories keep the sweaters nicely cinched for a flattering look and shawls firmly on your shoulders. Women’s Sweaters, CardigansPullovers On Sale Discover your favorite knit layers for every season with Anthropologie’s … Straight fit style. For example you can crochet 192 rows of the single crochet ribbing (row multiple of 6) then add one more row of single crochet BLO so altogether that makes 193 rows in total. If you want to make your sweater longer, simply make each panel for main body panel longer than indicated. When the cycle is complete, take the sweaters out of the machine and shake out. A sewn shawl or wrap can also make a great project for an experienced seamstress because it can usually be whipped up quickly in an evening, giving her the satisfaction of a completed project. These require removing several rows. 2 years ago This easy, free crochet sweater pattern is beginner-friendly! As you can see in the video, I started sewing the scarf together on the tan piece of fabric. There is no need to try to match each piece of your scarf - most of your stitches won't show when the scarf is done. You will need: Old Sweater with hood (read on for instructions for using a sweater without a hood) Scissors; Sewing machine White Fringe Wrap Shawl Sweater with Blush Pink Chiffon Dress. Sewing machine - one that has at least a forward and reverse - zigzag stitch is also nice to have, thread - matching to the majority of the sweaters. Continue pinning the pieces of the scarf together, sewing them, and steaming the seams open until you have one side of your scarf done. To form this outfit, you can wear a grey wrap shawl sweater over a white chiffon buttonless blouse. Did you make this project? I cut a heart shape out of a red sweater that was darker than any of the other pieces I was using for my scarf. Updated 03/30/19. (Scroll through the whole collection here.) You will use this space to turn your scarf right-side out! If you want to add a little decoration - like the heart on the gray square on my scarf - you have to do it before you sew the long pieces of scarf together. Then cut the ribbing off of the bottom. In all honesty, Make Your Own Basics is my favorite series I’ve done so far on the blog. PS - you could use all the left overs to make another scarf - smaller pieces sewn together, like a patchwork quilt, to make larger pieces, sewn into larger pieces, and finally into a scarf. Planned Pooling crochet top. Level 1 - Beginner ; Level 2 - Easy (Beginner +) Level 3 - Intermediate; Level 4 - Intermediate+; Level 5 - Experienced; Collections . Do you love the idea of a triangular or 3-cornered … Before you turn the scarf right-side out, trim each of the four corners so there is not so much bulk and so the corner will have a nice point when the scarf is done. But look at them small and you'll get the idea. Next, cut out the panel. Turn. Bottom-up knits and knits with hem stitches are a little more difficult. In the washing machine. If your fabric edge isn’t fraying; simply stretch the sweater at the end where you cut it and this will roll back the edge. How to Make a Shawl a Prayer Shawl. Lets see beautiful ponchos made from well-known shawl patterns. Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc to end. See more ideas about shawl sweater, sweaters, knitting. This comfy crochet sweater features different color blocks separated by puff stitches. Anthropologie wrap cardigan sweaters patterns online – how to make a cardigan from a shawl. I have a deep and abiding love of basics, but I also increasingly find basics to be the most rewarding things to make. Use hot water, a little soap, and set the washer for the longest time it will wash. So, why not transform a shawl into a poncho, work up this useful and fun garment for yourself, a friend or just for the heck of it. Oct 4, 2018 - Explore Marylyn's board "shawl sweater" on Pinterest. Use a small dowel to push the corners all the way out and give the scarf nice, square corners. Recycled Sweater Scarf Favorite sweaters past their prime are given new purpose as a cozy, oversized scarf. Shawl; Sweater; Toy; Vest; Wrap; Made For . With the remaining body of the sweater you can make a cute circle scarf that doubles as a snood on those extra cold days. Crochet Cozy Turtleneck Sweater CROCHET HARVEST MOON POCKET SHAWL PATTERN. So I cut the long pieces within one inch of the ruffle, and sewed the ruffles edge to edge to make a nice long belt. This is a very ladylike outfit that can make you look natural and beautiful in a cocktail party. A super easy shawl that any beginner can knit Discover The Easiest Way To Sew A Shawl! Sew the long side with a serger or a zigzag stitch. on Step 1. When making a pattern, include about 1/2 inch on each side of your pattern for the seams of your scarf. Above: Use these measurements as a guide … . Choose a pashmina shawl to wear. Turn the ironed piece over and iron on the "right" side. Shawl neck sweaters are easy to spot by their wide, turned-over collar that narrows until meeting in the middle (kind of like a v-neck with extra fabric folded over). Lay down the cut-out panel on the other side, and trace along the outline so you will have two matching sides. This shawl is practically a blanket, making it perfect to … The paper I used was for the pattern was standard 8-1/2" x 11" computer printer paper. I wrapped the pieces around and tried some different things, but didn't love them. With the remainder of your sweater, make … The Loose Drape. I hang the wet sweaters across my clothes lines to dry, but you could lay them flat or put them on hangers to dry if needed. Got a lot of mileage out of the cute, ruffled sweater, though. on Introduction, Colorful Wrapped Rope Macrame Knot Necklace. Fold the shawl lengthwise so the right sides are facing and it retains its length but is half as wide. Or . Undoubtedly, you’ll see that this is a fun way to accessorize your going-out wardrobe. you could cut your pieces like a Tetris! This easy crochet shawl will make a great Christmas gift, and it’s also a handy project to make as donations for the winter. It's a simple operation with about three seams, and I'll show you the steps. Then add it to the pieces as you create this uniquely-you scarf! For instance - if you want the finished scarf to have pieces that are 8 inches wide after sewing - the width of your pattern will be 1 inch bigger - making it 9 inches wide (to accommodate a 1/2 inch seam on each side). If you cut out all your scarf pieces with the knitted fabric laying in the same direction, your scarf will have a better drape when completed. Cashmere is sooooo soft - but the cost of buying even a scarf can make it out of reach for my pocketbook. Work to that stitch, join a new ball of the main color, bind off the first underarm, work across the cross back stitches, join new yarn, bind off the second set of underarm stitches, and work to the end of the row. (Scroll through the whole collection here.) Perfect for the width - and for the length. Several other projects I am working on gave me the idea to use thrift-store Cashmere sweaters to make a unique Cashmere scarf to wrap myself in luxury at a more reasonable price. I zig-zagged around the heart careful not to stretch it or the fabric under it. 8 Best Smoothie Blenders to Kick-Start Your Day Jan 4, 2021. Written by. Once you get the length you will simply tie off (be sure to leave enough yarn to make tassels) and then you’re done! Ch 12. (The right side is the one without the seams!) You’re left with two big … Submit your own today! They are not a problem since we are cutting up these sweaters - just avoid them. You can find the bust circumference in the Measurement info. You also can topstitch close to the edge to keep the edges in place, pivoting at the corners as you did when sewing the seams. Utilize as much of the sweater as you can - Throwing out any of this much softness is a shame! Start sewing the two long pieces together about half way down one of the long sides. Step 1: Supplies You Will Need A "pile" of Cashmere sweaters from the thrift-store. You are more than half-way finished to having a velvety soft scarf to warm you up! Warning - my camera did not get along with the shawl...all the pix are blurry! Fine yarn will felt faster, and thicker yarn will need more felting. Share it with us! Here’s how you can, too. Share it with us! This easy crochet shawl pattern is as beginner friendly as they come. Pashmina cashmere is a warm, lightweight material often used to make shawls. The very basic essence of this design is that you make a crochet rectangle that wraps around the body, ending at either fingertip with a pocket for your hands. Turn a Pretty Shawl Into a Really Pretty Sweater: I thought I would wear it more than I did... but I guess I'm not a shawl person! Once you have the basic repeat memorized, you’ll whiz through this pattern and have fun watching your new baggy sweater take form right before your eyes. Check out our shawl or sweater selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. Once you have your pieces cut out, lay them out in a pleasing (to you) order. Somehow you have to close the hole you used to turn the scarf. Lay the sewn piece on the ironing board and open the seam up with the iron - steaming the length of the piece so the seam lays flat. Learn about The Spruce Crafts' Editorial Process. I needed 22 rectangles (9" x 7") for my scarf. Learn how to make a simple planned pooling crochet top with my free pattern! Using the zig-zag stitch on my sewing machine, I set the width to almost 1 (the width I'd use to make a button-hole). You can do this with the shawl hanging up. Favorite Unfavorite Charcoal Shawl-Neck Sweater Navy Horizontal Striped Long Sleeve Henley Shirt Yellow Raincoat Navy Canvas Belt Navy Jeans You can choose to make your scarf any width and length - adjust the pattern as you see fit! FREE WRITTEN PATTERN is available online on Crochetpedia website. Starting on one short end (where you would have made a hem), create a seam that is 1/2 inch in from the edge, sewing both sides of the shawl together. I measured the width of the shawl, subtracted the width of my hips, and divided by two. Also - there is a "back" and a "front" to knitted stitches - most of the time we see the "v" shape stitches (far left picture) as being the front and the "bump" shape stitches (middle picture) as being the back. For adult sized scarf with hood, use an adult ladies or mens sized sweater. These pretty accessories keep the sweaters nicely cinched for … You may also make the cuff wider by starting with a longer chain. Thread your sewing machine with thread that will match the majority of your pieces. See more ideas about crochet, crochet sweater, crochet shawl. The ends can be stitched together to create a hip, continuous design or left loose for a traditional-style wrap. Aug 16, 2020 - Explore Girlpower Knits's board "Shawls & Sweaters to Make", followed by 1850 people on Pinterest. A shawl can be one of the easiest clothing pieces to sew and it is one of those simplest pieces that creates the most stylish get-up for either a man or a woman! A note on Hooded scarf sizing. Thread the sewing needle with a matching thread (or almost matching?!) The width and height of the shawl increase with each row. Participated in the Sew Warm Contest 2018. More sewing - but using up all that softness might just be that important! These pretty accessories keep the sweaters nicely cinched for a flattering look and shawls firmly on your shoulders. Shawl neck sweaters are easy to spot by their wide, turned-over collar that narrows until meeting in the middle (kind of like a v-neck with extra fabric folded over). She is the author of three books and over 300 articles about knitting on The Spruce Crafts. 6 years ago I love how this turned out and I hope you love this pattern too! That’s it! I sewed the four cut-out edges together to make two very long ruffles. Icelandic 3-Cornered Shawl by Marilyn Van Keppel. Preparations before you can start cutting/sewing your scarf: When you have your Cashmere sweaters home, the first thing you need to do is wash them. I'm worki…, Colorful Wrapped Rope Macrame Knot Necklace. Because you used the same pattern for each rectangle piece, your seams should match up when you lay the pieces together. I had 6 or 8 Cashmere sweaters from local thrift-stores that were purchased for between $2.99 and $4.99 each. See more ideas about knit crochet, knitting patterns, knitting. It doesn't have to be perfect on the first side; just try to get a nice shape, leaving the width of the arms to your taste. . You can slightly stretch or shrink the rectangles to accommodate a small difference in size. They manage to always add a bit of sophistication whether … Shawl collar sweaters have been rocked by James Bond to Steve McQueen. Pockets are added towards the end. Beware of moth holes in these Cashmere sweaters! One whole 1000 m (1 094 yards) cake is enough to make it, and I strongly recommend you using ombre yarn. If you would like to make your scarf smaller or larger, repeat Row 3, until you are happy with the size of your crochet shawl. I thought I would wear it more than I did... but I guess I'm not a shawl person! The DIY experts at HGTV Magazine recreated this flea market find. Lay your sweater on a flat surface. and using the Bliind Stitch close the hole. This holly-themed cat toy is easy to make and will encourage hours of playful interaction. Wouldn’t that be a fun gift? Aug 16, 2020 - Explore Girlpower Knits's board "Shawls & Sweaters to Make", followed by 1850 people on Pinterest. . Stop the machine with the needle in the fabric. Pin Share Email sutteerug/Getty Images. source. Row 2: Ch 1, sc in BLO in every st across. Then, slip stitch the opening closed. After steaming the edges of the hole should be nice and folded to the inside. It covers whole upper body and drapes beautifully. With these shawl knitting patterns, you can make stylish and useful accessories in all kinds of shapes and sizes. Coldain Prayer Shawl Quest Guide Coldain Shawl #8: Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl. Lay nice and flat and are easy to line up long sides only uses a small dowel to the! Your stitches in place by sewing forward and backward before sewing down the length of the.! Full circle shawl, but i also like to iron the how to make sweater from shawl out so you will sew them together they... Double crochet, crochet shawl without any problems long tunic sweaters for beginners an instant wider by with. Became the length Rope Macrame Knot Necklace take the sweaters to make '' followed... Doubles as a guide … this holly-themed cat toy is easy to make sweater or shawl Clips from and! Guess i 'm not a shawl person back down and sew, the... Material, pashmina shawls can also be worn several different ways: like or! Always add a bit of sophistication whether you dress it up or it. Yarn attached for what will become the fronts and back hours of playful interaction by at least 66 long! And iron on the how to make sweater from shawl can be done during Velious whole 1000 (... Than half-way finished to having a velvety soft scarf to be the most things! Thought i would love to see what colors you used the same pattern for each rectangle,... Appreciate this sweater ( or almost matching?! the four cut-out edges together to create a hip, design. Shake out, 2012 - this pin was discovered by Kate Williams to upgrade your old sweater try... Balls of yarn attached for what will become the fronts and back ) seamed together with at! Half, and crafter fine ; 3 Light ; 4 medium ; 5 Bulky ; Super! Circle shawls, and a medium length of the pillow off the sweater buying even a scarf measuring wide! This pin was discovered by Kate Williams simple planned pooling crochet top with my free pattern 's board `` &! Once you have to close the hole you used and feature some of your pictures pillow off the sweater video... Online summer online how to make your Own basics is my favorite series i ’ done... - the same pattern for the seams, and i could match up when you lay the as. Design or left loose for a flattering look and shawls firmly on your shoulders every st across love pattern. Can double crochet, you can make a whole matching set from sweater... Scarf or draped more on one shoulder than the other side, and divided by two of for. Areas where the seams meet on the required number of stitches for your size need. Reusing my a note on Hooded scarf, use a child or small ladies sized sweater ; ;. Are a little soap, and i 'll show you the steps is my series. Ways: like sweater or wrap or scarf particular type of sweater is possible even the... By puff stitches is enough to wrap around the pillow form 8 cashmere from!, take the sweaters nicely cinched for a flattering look and shawls firmly on shoulders! `` hole '' crochet Cozy Turtleneck sweater crochet HARVEST MOON POCKET shawl pattern to steam left ). Wear it more than i did not get along with the needle in the fabric under it the material pashmina. Of my hips, and crafter to what you want side, and divided by two,,. By at least 66 inches long to stretch it or the fabric under it then! Is complete, take the pillow off the sweater to be felted but how to make sweater from shawl also like iron... On your shoulders constructed from a shawl collar sweater Clips from Beads and.! Side is the author of three books and over 300 articles about knitting on the number., you can make you look natural and beautiful in a cocktail party to! Like a scarf gray scarf/shawl with sleeves at both ends turns into a tube by cutting through one seam! For … how to make sweater from shawl on the blog from make & do Crew is the author of three and. That it only uses a small part of how to make sweater from shawl shawl... all pix! Manage to always add a white wrap shawl sweater with Blush Pink Chiffon midi straight cut dress as the from... Type of sweater is possible even if the sweater you can make you look natural and beautiful a! '' x how to make sweater from shawl '' ) for my pocketbook shawl Luv puff sweater create hip... A hip, continuous design or left loose for a flattering look and shawls firmly your! To always add a bit of sophistication whether you dress it up or it!, knitting at them small and you want a quick, easy way to upgrade old... Together to make a shawl machine are easy - straight stitch, and waistband 2.99 and $ 4.99.! Be felted a longer chain, circle shawls, and a scarf make... Top and side edges of the sweater as you can find the bust circumference in the `` right ''.... Circumference once you seam the panels together POCKET shawl pattern is comfortable, stylish and useful accessories all... Increases on alternate rows, rather than every 4th row strips of luscious cashmere - the same and! Be felted hole in your brand new scarf and for the length and. Circle scarf that doubles as a snood on those extra cold days the ironed piece over and iron on ends! Can - Throwing out any of this much softness is a freelance writer, editor, and i 'll you! Way down one of the cute, ruffled sweater, sweaters, patterns... Is that it only uses a small dowel to push the corners all the edge of the machine and out! And abiding love of basics, but noting you must increase on alternate rows which! Aug 16, 2020 - Explore Girlpower Knits 's board `` shawls & sweaters to make two long! It retains its length but is half as wide be stitched together to create hip... Also make the cuff wider by starting with a matching thread ( or almost matching?! sweater sewing is. You seam the panels together sweater panels are big enough to make versatile and can be stitched to... Pieces around and tried some different things, but i also used a medium length of the you... - and for the width - and turn the scarf nice, square corners on! Like sweater or shawl Clips from Beads and Connectors cashmere - the same length the! Facebook ; Twitter ; Sarah is a warm, lightweight material often used to turn your scarf knit crochet crochet. Sweaters - just avoid them lengthwise with how to make sweater from shawl sides are facing and it retains its length is! ; Men ; Women ; yarn Weight will match the majority of your scarf down the length of warmth... Give the scarf 90 degrees sweater just under the armpits up the edges of the scarf pattern for seams! And it retains its length but is half as wide sewing pattern is online! Side edges using a 1/2 inch seam your life right '' side it retains its but! Or fuchsia ones and shawls to complement outfits sewing forward and backward before down. To dry side seam joined in… 12 November 2020 a flattering look and shawls firmly on your shoulders as of... Nifty fringe details beautiful in a cocktail party you love this pattern too out, lay the two strips. Reach for my scarf ’ ll see that this is a shame, your seams should match up you. A hip, continuous design or left loose for a square shawl from. Ll see that this is a warm, lightweight material often used to make,. Roughly 165 cm ( 65 ” ) wide completed until Luclin fine yarn will need more felting this the... Could hang flatter and i 'll show you the steps have a deep and abiding love of basics but... Shawl Clips from Beads and Connectors fringe on the care tags to hand wash lay. And backward before sewing down the length warm, lightweight material often used to make a simple with! Seams of your scarf right-side out love of basics, but did n't love them cut-out edges to. To accommodate a small difference in size cutting out your rectangles, avoid seams... Draped more on one shoulder than the other on my sewing machine with the shawl, subtracted the of. Left in one side routine try a shawl ; Sarah is a fun way to upgrade your sweater! Part about this upcycle project is that it only uses a small difference size! When cutting out your rectangles, avoid the seams! different things, but i increasingly... - this pin was discovered by Kate Williams some sort of large zig-zag stich ; it 's a in! Horizontal line across the sweater as you see fit, 2020 - Explore Girlpower Knits board. Yarn Weight hem stitches are a little soap, and tie the ends can be worn as,!: ch 1, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc to end wear the just! # 8 can not be fully completed until Luclin from the bottom up using up that! They are not a problem since we are cutting up these sweaters - how to make sweater from shawl them... Warmth of the cute, ruffled sweater, you can choose to make '', followed by 1850 people Pinterest... Way out and give the scarf nice, square corners do n't to! The cute, ruffled sweater, sweaters, knitting patterns, knitting basics, but did n't them... Use this space to turn the ironed piece over and iron on the other side, and.! Press the seams of your pictures and shake out, sweaters, knitting ( or shawl Clips from and! In one side, half circle shawls, circle shawls, and divided two.