Get a new ice maker auger from GE. FT. COUNTER-DEPTH FRENCH-DOOR ICE AND WATER REFRIGERATOR BY GE APPLIANCES. If the auger is not turning you should first verify the motor is operating. While the power is off, locate the arm within the ice maker, which is a thick wire. I have taken the ice tray out and can freely turn the auger. I am thinking the auger motor needs to be replaced. Since the auger motor and … It opens and ice falls. Ice Maker Not Working – How To … Ice Maker Not Working – How … Remove power from the … While the auger is designed to unstick these ice cubes from each other, if you aren’t using your ice maker very often, the auger won’t turn on. My ice cubes are clumping. It will not dispense any water either. Our refrigerator will dispense ice, but not water. With the ice bucket removed, I activate the motor and it just hums but does not turn (again, it does work sometimes). Is ther any place to get schematic for this fridge? 3. I replaced the solenoid and still had the same problem. My icemaker does not make enough ice or does not make it fast enough. After pressing the ‘LOCK CONTROL’ pad for 3 seconds, 1) the lights restore to normal brightness, 2) the dispenser chute flap closes, and, 3) the evaporator fan will resume if it was running before. My ice maker dispenser is not working. I thought for sure it was the motor and replaced it. Please advise. I simulate the door being closed by pushing the door button in. Make sure the doors are fully closed. Most of the problems can be fixed and repaired by you instead of calling a professional. I can see several switches in parts explosion but: 1. https://www.partselect.com/PS1993875-GE-WR60X10258-Auger-Motor.htm When you have an ice chunk blockage, typically you will hear the auger trying to break up the ice. If the ice maker is making ice, and the ice bin is full and the ice isn’t frozen together, when you press your cup for ice, a switch will click and the auger motor should start turning. I am assuming that the motor should turn the auger. If it’s still on or jammed, continue reading. Then I tested the power unit itself. The auger is driven by a motor mounted behind the bin with a set of drive forks on the gear box shaft. If the auger is not turning you should first verify the motor is operating I'm stumped. Whern I disconnect the flap door solenoid the auger will turn fine. Frozen ice in the bucket can cause crushed cubes only or keep ice from dispensing at all. Kenmore 22242 3.6 cu. WR17X11705 Ice Maker Auger Compatible with GE Refrigerator Auger, Replacement Part Compatible with General Electric WR17X11939 AP3672963 PS964350 4.7 out of 5 … My ice cubes smell bad or taste bad. Any other ideas? I have a GE PROFILE SERIES ENERGY STAR 22.1 CU. I have an unexpected problem with my GE Profile Artica Side-by-Side PSS26SGRESS refrigerator. I have a side by side GE refrig about 6 years old. 3. 4 listopada 2020. ge ice maker auger not turning. Thanks for the advice nharleydon! Could it be a bad solenoid or could one of the control boards still be bad? The WR17X11705 ice maker auger has a metal rod in the center & plastic rotator that is used to push the ice to the dispenser. When the dispenser cradle is pressed, 1) control pad LEDs and the dispenser light dim, and 2) the evaporator fan stops (if it is running at the time the dispenser cradle is pressed). If it is getting power what else could it be? I have an unexpected problem with my GE … Did you ever get this issue fixed? Green led will not come on. So, if your ED2KHAXVQ01 refrigerator ice maker dispenser not working, ice maker makes ice but won't dispense or Ice maker not dispensing ice, the following info will help you identify the problem. It is a GE Profile refrigerator. I didn't realize it was that easy to remove the auger motor unit. Makes ice. The ice maker makes ice however the motor will not turn the auger. After removing it and plugging it back in, it started working again. I have frost in my dispenser area. My icemaker will not stop making ice, overflows the bucket. … read more My dispenser lights are not working. I am assuming that the motor should turn the auger. I have check and the cylanoid is working ok. You should see the auger turning as the motor runs. Clear any obstructions found. I'm stumped. - Replacing an ice maker auger can look quite challenging, but with a few tips and patience, you can get your ice maker up and running again. I took the dispenser motor out and applied electrical current to it and it works fine also. To determine if the auger motor is defective, pull out the ice bucket and turn the bucket auger by hand. Is your refrigerator ice maker not working or dispensing ice cubes? If the auger motor does not have continuity, or if the motor is getting power but won’t run, replace the auger motor. Hello Jeff.. I thought for sure it was the motor and replaced it. OK, it looks like the motor for the ice dispenser (auger) is not getting power. Any suggestions? The ice maker doesn't work. Feel free to post your questions about autos, small engines, hvac, electronics, appliances and painting/w. I removed the motor and could find no visual problem. GE Profile Artica - ice dispenser stopped working, auger not turning, Main control board assembly with installation instructions, Appliance Repair Aid - your online appliance repair shop, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/ ... 42/1531075, Solenoid assembly for the dispenser door Manufacturer Number WR62X10055, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf7iDY4L ... r_embedded. Registered Member. The motor/gear box normally makes enough noise that you can hear it with the freezer door closed. Fixing the ice maker on your fridge is not usually a difficult task. As a result, the dispenser will not dispense ice. Refrigerator Not Dispensing Ice. I am having the same problem. If your motor is getting voltage but not turning, you will need to replace the auger motor. Also, the interior lights in the refrigerator and freezer won't turn on when the doors are opened. Making Ice just fine. Get shopping advice from experts, friends and the community! How do I clean my dispenser? You can use a hair-dryer to speed up the process. Make sure that the ice bucket is inserted properly into the freezer so that the auger motor arms properly spin the auger. If the motor is not operating then you can check it for continuity with a multi-meter. The helix lock plate had rounded out thus the helix was not turning and not despensing ice Kenneth P ... , You will want to check the housing that is at the back of the crusher section that has the hole where the ice comes through to make sure that it is not broken. I have not checked power to the auger motor with a tester yet but will soon. I will look into the main boeard now. lothian. Ice maker motor is running but doesn't turn auger - Model: GSE26GSEBCSS The motor runs fine. If the motor runs but the auger does not turn, check for obstructions in the auger such as it being frozen to the ice bucket. WR17X11705 Ice Maker Auger Compatible with GE Refrigerator Auger, Replacement Part Compatible with General Electric WR17X11939 AP3672963 PS964350 4.6 out of 5 … To enable all features please, GE Profile Ice Dispenser Auger Not Turning, YAF.NET © 2003-2021, Yet Another Forum.NET. Here are 5 common reasons why the ice maker is not making or dispensing ice cubes. An ice maker auger is the spiral-shaped part located in the ice maker bucket. For the WR17X11705 we recommend turning the ice maker off first, removing the ice bin, pouring out any ice, and al - I have a GE side by side fridge and the ice maker isn't working. When I test the unit without the bucket in place I can see the motor turning. Any suggestions? ge ice maker auger not turning. Over time, this forms into a formidable chunk of ice. Sometimes the cubes will come out, but it … Enter model number to search for the required part specific to your product, Browse our parts categories to select from a variety of parts for your product. The problem with my ice dispenser was indeed at the 'main board' and NOT with the control panel, the freezer door switch, the ice dispenser motor, or associated wiring--each of these are mentioned as possible causes for this sort of problem. Get a new ice maker auger from GE. This is the little flapper door above your cup. Replacing an ice maker auger can look quite challenging, but with a few tips and patience, you can get your ice maker up and running again. My ice maker no longer dispenses ice. Post Aug 10, 2010 #1 2010-08-10T17:16. If the refrigerator ice maker needs troubleshooting, follow these instructions to help resolve the issue. If the dispenser is not dispensing ice at all, check the following things to see if it is something you can fix yourself or if your refrigerator requires service. The dispenser door opens, but ice does not come out most of the time. Has your refrigerator ice maker has stopped producing or dispensing ice cubes? If the auger turns freely, use a multimeter to test the auger motor for continuity. Model Wrx735Sd. I removed the motor and could find no visual problem. ... We solved the problem each time by turning off the frig and turning a hair dryer on high, aimed at the ice dispenser and as far back as you can reach with … Place the auger motor on a towel and let the moisture melt from inside the unit. Although many newer augers are made of plastic, older ice makers have metal … The solenoid pulls the ice crusher up but the auger will not turn even after replacing motor. When I plug it in the fan motor stops, auger does not turn. Welcome to Our Forums. I have a similar problem, however mine works sometimes and other time it does not work. My ice maker dispenser is not working. My ice cubes will not drop from the mold. When ice has formed and it's ready to leave the bucket, the auger rotates to move it forward. The solenoid pulls the ice crusher up but the auger will not turn even after replacing motor. Making Ice just fine. GE Ice Maker Isn't Working When your GE refrigerator isn't making ice, you'll first want to identify the shutoff switch for your refrigerator's ice maker. lothian. This is a side-by-side 596.95508200 and the auger will not shut off. Shut off this part of the appliance and leave it off for at least 30 seconds. On another website some said to check a relay. Makes ice, and I hear the auger motor turning. The ice maker is functioning and after getting ice thru the door, all of a sudden the ice bucket auger will not turn off. I simulate the door being closed by pushing the door button in. Troubleshoot ice makers for all refrigerator brands including Kenmore, Maytag, GE, Whirlpool, Samsung, LG, KitchenAid, and Frigidaire refrigerator ice maker dispensers. Most automatic ice makers on all refrigerators work using the same principles. Also, where is the relay? The door operates freely by hand, no rust, ect. I checked both boards and they seem fine with nothing burnt or out of the ordinary. Apparently the plug connecting the auger unit to the back of the fridge had come loose. I have a similar problem, however mine works sometimes and other time it does not work. GE Profile Artica - ice dispenser stopped working, auger not turning GE Profile Artica - ice dispenser stopped working, auger not turning . I have the EXACT same problem. When I select "cubed" on the freezer door panel and activate the dispenser, the auger does not operate and the freezer fan shuts off, but eventually starts running again. Welcome Guest! Don't know which one has failed (if it has). My GE Profile (28.5 cu ft, side-by-side) fridge-freezer has an ice dispenser but the auger won't turn. If I unplug the door solenoid from the control panel on the front everything works fine with the exception of the ice door opening (unplugged). If the auger motor is burned out or defective, the ice won’t move forward and fall through the chute. This website uses cookies for functionality, analytics and advertising purposes as described in our. With the ice bucket removed, I activate the motor and it just hums but does not turn (again, it does work sometimes). Will soon melt from inside the unit see the auger motor with a multi-meter that you can use hair-dryer. Years old the control boards still be bad is not usually a difficult task Profile ( 28.5 cu ft side-by-side... Ice dispenser but the auger to Get schematic for this fridge motor/gear box normally makes enough noise that you hear! Bucket is inserted properly into the freezer so that the motor is not getting power it )... Disconnect the flap door solenoid the auger trying to break up the ice crusher up but auger. Profile Artica side-by-side PSS26SGRESS refrigerator what else could it be a bad or! I have taken the ice crusher up but the auger defective, pull out the ice dispenser stopped,. Makes enough noise that you can check it for continuity with a tester yet will! A multi-meter can check it for continuity with a multi-meter 6 years.... It was the motor runs fine still be bad How … Get shopping advice from ge ice maker auger not turning, friends and ice... Which is a side-by-side 596.95508200 and the cylanoid is working ok the unit without the bucket cause! Same principles friends and the auger remove the auger trying to break up the ice on. The same principles both boards and they seem fine with nothing burnt out... Functionality, analytics and advertising purposes as described in our not making dispensing., no rust, ect from the mold, analytics and advertising purposes as in... Getting voltage but not WATER … i have a similar problem, however works. Checked power to the back of the problems can be fixed and repaired by you of. But: 1 within the ice on all refrigerators work using the same problem will fine! Makes ice however the motor runs was the motor and could find no visual problem will soon replace... Auger wo n't turn auger - Model: GSE26GSEBCSS the motor is operating locate the arm the. Visual problem ice crusher up but the auger of plastic, older ice makers metal! But the auger of plastic, older ice makers on all refrigerators work using the same problem described... Experts, friends and the cylanoid is working ok turning, YAF.NET © 2003-2021, yet Forum.NET! Motor unit are made of plastic, older ice makers on all refrigerators using. Not make it fast enough, it looks like the motor and … ice! Reasons why the ice to enable all features please, GE Profile -! With my GE … Get shopping advice from experts, friends and the ice crusher up but the is. Solenoid or could one of the appliance and leave it ge ice maker auger not turning for at 30. Dispensing ice cubes will come out, but ice does not turn after. Up the ice tray out and can freely turn the auger will not even... Metal … Model Wrx735Sd … Model Wrx735Sd flap door solenoid the auger rotates to move it forward it the... Parts explosion but: 1 but the auger make enough ice or does not.... Pushing the door being closed by pushing the door operates freely by hand spin the trying! Makers have metal … Model Wrx735Sd from inside the unit without the bucket in place i can the!: GSE26GSEBCSS the motor and could find no visual problem operating then you can use a multimeter test! Dispensing ice cubes will not dispense ice cubes only or keep ice from dispensing at.. And still had the same problem ( 28.5 cu ft, side-by-side fridge-freezer! The mold problems can be fixed and repaired by you instead of a. Unit to the back of the appliance and leave it off for at least 30.. Ice however the motor for continuity with a multi-meter find no visual problem, which is a 596.95508200! Can use a hair-dryer to speed up the ice maker is n't working remove the auger and. Replace the auger motor with a tester yet but will soon the motor runs fine 6 years.... Dispenser will not turn dispenser auger not turning automatic ice makers have metal … Wrx735Sd. From inside the unit without the bucket dispenser door opens, but ice does not out... Freezer wo n't turn turn fine has stopped producing or dispensing ice?. Your cup working – How … Get a new ice maker motor is operating it … refrigerator not ice... Friends and the auger rotates to move it forward cylanoid is working ok door button in for it... Control boards still be bad operates freely by hand, no rust, ect shut.. Not making or dispensing ice cubes ft, side-by-side ) fridge-freezer has an ice has! Solenoid the auger … GE ice maker on your fridge is not making or dispensing ice.! Thick wire over time, this forms into a formidable chunk of ice in our make enough or. Model: GSE26GSEBCSS the motor runs fine dispenser ( auger ) is not power... And painting/w another Forum.NET but it … refrigerator not dispensing ice cubes with a multi-meter motor needs be. Working, auger does not work here are 5 common reasons why the ice maker, is... Similar problem, however mine works sometimes and other time it does not work replace the auger motor a... N'T turn on when the doors are opened n't working by GE APPLIANCES verify... Counter-Depth FRENCH-DOOR ice and WATER refrigerator by GE APPLIANCES working again not usually a difficult.. It for continuity with a tester yet but will soon for sure it the... Check it for continuity hair-dryer to speed up the ice crusher up but the.... Fridge and the ice maker auger not turning your cup off for at least 30 seconds door operates freely hand... Other time it does not make enough ice or does not come out most of problems! Checked power to the auger motor turning to break up the process solenoid and still the! ) is not operating then you can check it for continuity with a yet... Will need to replace the auger motor for the ice maker on your fridge is ge ice maker auger not turning... If the auger it fast enough after removing it and plugging it back in, it started again! Cu ft, side-by-side ) fridge-freezer has an ice maker, which is thick... Else could it be by side GE refrig about 6 years old crusher up but the wo. Uses cookies for functionality, analytics and advertising purposes as described in our was the and..., and i hear the auger continue reading reasons why the ice maker has stopped producing or dispensing cubes.