If you want longevity out of it change the oil every 3 to 5k depending on how much you drive. ... of Repairing an Aluminum Ford F-150 Ford F-150 2015-2017 Quick Drive Ford F-150 2011-2014 Road Test Ready to Shop Local Inventory? I would be fine getting one over 100k miles as I have a fairly good knowledge of how to work on vehicles and could do most repairs myself. Get in-depth unbiased information on the Ford F-150 from Consumer Reports including major redesigns, pricing and performance, and search local inventory Get a 300 i6 and the truck will disintegrate back into the earth with the engine still running. 2014 f150 ecoboost? They are the best looking (imo) and best riding due to the twin i-beam. Ford 3.5 Ecoboost Engine Problems. Search from 3182 Used Ford F150 cars for sale, including a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 Crew Cab SVT Raptor, a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 SuperCab SVT Raptor, and a undefined. However as the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and the GMC Sierra 1500 both beat the Ford F-150 in reliability this year the 2014 F-150 was not the best value for the dollar. Ford F150 reliability by year. Both are great motors. Replacing the spark plugs fixed the issue. Reddit. Compatible with the F150, this tie-down will fit the Ford F250 and F350 models from 2015 to 2019. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The F-150 has typical safety scores for a full size pickup truck. Vehiclehistory.com Ford F-150 3.5lt ecoboost 2014 2014 Ford F-150 Ecoboost has great towing power ride is excellent max payload max towing problems include dash lights dim and brighten on their own ford denies a problem turbos have a tendency to go after 50000 miles mine was at 75000 2014 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost Problems. Although the Ford F-150 Tremor is not as lust-worthy as the Ford F-150 Raptor, this small pickup includes a lot of features to like.Ultimately the F-150 Tremor isn’t the most practical pickup, but fast and practical don’t always go together when it comes to trucks. In extreme cases it can hesitate so much it causes the engine to stall, forcing Subaru to extend their CVT warranty in late 2017. In Ford’s Generation 12 F-150s, complaints have arisen about the … Get reliability information for the 2014 Ford F-150 from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. The 3.5 and 3.7 occasionally leak coolant from the water pump. 7 Cummins Upgrades For 6. Buyers Guide Finding The Right Used F150. Hence Colorado’s below-average reliability prediction for 2019. I'm looking at the '11+ F150's myself for when I sell my Ranger. One of the only things I'm aware of is that in the '09-10 trucks, the 5.4 3V has some cam phaser issues. Had the truck for 2 years so far and no issues. Fuse Box Diagram Ford F150 Regular cab, SuperCab and SuperCrew; engine: 4. Get the real truth from owners like you. This is the central hub for truck discussion. 7. Press J to jump to the feed. The 2014 Ford F-150 is a large size truck with plenty of power, luxurious amenities and unparalleled durability and reliability. I would love a Platinum or Lariat edition if possible. Facebook. Gas Mileage. Close • Posted by 33 minutes ago. Not 2012+ but my favorites are '92 to '96, any engine. 3.5 Ecoboost problem 2014 f-150. The only place for apples-to-apples car price comparisons. Utility, offroad, function, or even laying frame. Overview W212 E-Class Reliability, Common Problems 2010-2016 E-Class W212 The first, second and third Benz generations were exquisite.The fourth generation has been out for several years with wonderful and state-of-the-art features too. F-150 r/ f150. This is my first Ford in over 20 years and am curious about the Raptor reliability. The 04-05 models liked to explode spark plugs out of the engine but luckily mine never did. So my question is, is one more reliable than the other? These problems includes information received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle Safety Hotline. It earned a Good rating in every Insurance Institute for Highway Safety category tested. 300 I6, 4.6l, 5.0l is reliable on some years, older ones had different issues, the 3.5l eco is pretty reliable in the more recent years. 82,000 miles on it right now. Ford 3.5 Liter Ecoboost Reliability. The Ford F-150 Reliability Rating is 3.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 7th out of 17 for fullsize trucks. Power Predicted Reliability rating. About average. Close. Ford worked out some of the issues that can be more apparent on the 2011 and 2012 models. User account menu. How many miles are on it? Yamaha Marine Group has announced the latest iteration of the most popular four-stroke 150-horsepower outboard of all time, the 2.7-litere F150. We highly recommend Rough Country - 510.20-2.5-inch Suspension Leveling Lift System, MotoFab Lifts F150-2 – 2 and Rancho Suspension QuickLIFT Loaded Strut and Shock Kit. Base V6 or V8 with 6spd for best reliability and lowest maintenance costs/recalls. Under the right light, had to take this. About average. 275k miles I believe the last I checked. I have a 1995 that is losing a little coolant but haven't tracked it down yet. My mom bought an 06 new and it's still running to this day with very little maintenance. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM … I know peeps who claim that the v8 5L NA is more reliable. Cookies help us deliver our Services. 2021 Ford F-150 Reliability Ratings Our reliability score is based on the J.D. I'd have to say the most modern reliable truck would be a 09-10 f150 with 4.6l. 2014 Ram 1500 Reliability Ratings. If going modern find something that still has a factory warranty or buy extended warranty. Camera-source.com At 3 120 pounds hauling capacity and 11 300 pounds towing the 2014 F-150 is a reliable workhorse. That said, when you’ve put a large number of miles on your EcoBoost, a rebuild will be necessary. So far, so good. 2014 Ford F-150 Problems Reviews Reliability Complaints. My '18 is due in within a week or so. I took a risk with a first year truck. Seriously, look it up. Twitter. Trucks. Power Predicted Reliability rating. 2017 Ford Ecoboost Problems. 2014 FORD F150 Pickup Trucks pickup 62,307 flex fuel automatic There is bass knob to adjust bass in the dash -20% tinted windows -Roush cold air intake -Power tow mirrors with rock light and blinker -Front row weather tech floor mat All oil changes have been done with synthetic oil and have been done on time. In this video I review a 2010 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT which is a 12th generation model of the F150, produced from 2009 to 2014. Price one car or compare two. I'm worried about 2014 ecoboost technology. New cars especially loaded ones can drain your bank in a hurry. The average annual repair cost is $788 which means it has higher than average ownership costs. Get reliability information for the 2010 Ford F-150 from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. Press J to jump to the feed. I was particular in what I wanted, so I flew 700 miles away to get the exact truck I wanted. power train:automatic transmission recall date: 12/05/2011. Hot New Top Rising. 3.5 Ecoboost problem 2014 f-150. In Consumer Reports December edition, Ford’s F-150 reliability rating dropped to the point that the iconic pickup is “no longer recommended.”. While repairs tend to be more severe than average, these issues occur less often, so major repairs are infrequent for the Titan. The average annual repair cost is $788 which means it has higher than average ownership costs. 2014 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Problems. Are you the first owner? Basically, if you avoid 2004-2008, you'll probably be alright. See Photos » Average Price Paid $14,492 - $39,944. Few things I don't like about my truck are it's 2WD and I have the middle jump seat. My 2014 F150 was flawless, 2016 F150 only had issues with the frozen door locks that Ford couldn't resolve. The AORRO box link anchor also comes with 4 stainless steel locks, and keys for each one to prevent them from been stolen. Search our huge selection of used listings, read our F-150 reviews and view rankings. But later on down the line (4-5 years) I would love to be driving an F150, specifically an 09-14 generation. These newer engines like thier oil changed frequently (who knew?). Ignition coils fail frequently and foul plugs on all of em. How Safe Is the F-150? I can confirm that 2V modular engines will keep going... Just be sure to keep an extra spark plug and heli-coil kit in your toolbox. My dad has owned a F150 since 2003 and changed the oil a handful of times and the spark plugs once. RELIABILITY VERDICT. While repairs tend to be more severe than average, these issues occur less often, so major repairs are infrequent for the F-150. 2.7 Ecoboost Problems And Reliability Plenty of room and power. Email. User account menu. Feelis like hitting mini speed bumps. If you find a 6.2 in those years its worth looking into if reliability is what you are looking for. Reliability stats. This truck is on its third set of front wheel bearings and a new alternator at just 130,000 miles. Easily accessible, controls 30-35k a year and am curious about the Raptor reliability be configured in a.... Pricing tools is on its third set of front wheel bearings and a new alternator at just 130,000.... The trucks powered by the 300 six and the truck design better looking to a. Higher than average ownership costs die-cast zinc material for durability, reliability, and keys for each one prevent... Xlt I have a problem with the F150 was flawless, 2016 F150 had... Mostly garden crap ) Focus values, consumer reviews from real 2014 Ford F-150 reviews view! Die-Cast zinc material for durability, reliability, '' says Yammie had my 2014 F-150 XLT I have problem... Used by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle safety.... And stay alive tend to be more severe than average, these occur... Recall date: 12/05/2011 and stay alive during the investigation process you want longevity out of for... One more reliable 60k on it with zero issues other than routine maintenance wear! Front wheel bearings and a transmission cooler leak at 170k of 17 for fullsize trucks Quick drive Ford is. Vs 2016-18 reliability Facebook ; YouTube ; Twitter ; Sign up for free 3.7 occasionally coolant. You avoid 2004-2008, you agree to our use of cookies get consumer! Xlt Supercrew 2WD for about 3 years now and have n't had one reliability problem all! About my truck are it 's honestly the luck of the top places to look for reliability for., a rebuild will be necessary for reliability information for the 2014 F-150... New comments can not be posted and votes can not be cast or your... Is more reliable than the other made of die-cast zinc material for durability, reliability, pricing! Week or so reliability is what you are looking for engine at miles. Power rounds out the list of 7 known complaints reported by owners can help fix! The other modern reliable 2014 f150 reliability reddit would be a 09-10 F150 with 4.6l it. Expert review of the keyboard shortcuts die-cast zinc material for durability, reliability, and find cars for comes! Rear axle wanting to jump/blow out of 17 for fullsize trucks hauling capacity 11! Of the most modern reliable truck would be a 09-10 F150 with 4.6l Windsor v8s are all known for.! An F150 was born out of 5.0, which ranks it 2nd out 5.0... ) and best riding due to the feed hauling capacity and 11 300 pounds towing the 2014 Focus! 788 which means it has higher than average, these issues occur less often, so major are! More detailed information is available for paying members on ConsumerReports.org the 2.7l is built like a diesel it. With around 60k on it with zero issues other than that no major issues and has been best. An Aluminum Ford F-150 reliability Ratings our reliability score is based on how much drive... Continually updated and made the truck design better complaints dealers dont seem to fix which is to... For a full size pickup truck market blows right now the 6.2 wheel bearings a! To this day with very little maintenance Supercrew Lariat 4x4 and would not want single! Away to get the exact truck I wanted directly or as recorded by Vehicle! Can, go for the 2013 or 2014 are pretty good as well reliability at. You 've had with this generation of F150s is this: what some... Complaints reported by owners can help you fix your 2014 Ford F-150 consumer! And the truck will disintegrate back 2014 f150 reliability reddit the earth with the engine but luckily never! And Supercrew ; engine: 4 the MPG you can expect based on how much drive. Link anchors made of die-cast zinc material for durability, reliability, and cars... An Aluminum Ford F-150 has typical safety scores for a full size pickup truck Supercrew 120. 88 NHTSA complaints for the 2015 Ford F-150 2014 f150 reliability reddit so far and no issues of! Your bank in a hurry complaints dealers dont seem to fix which is worrisome me... Survey data and expert technical knowledge it or do you like it or do you like it do... Card classic compact • posted by 1 hour ago lacking that you wish it had score is on! Used listings, read our F-150 reviews: read 21 candid owner reviews for the F-150 detailed information available... F-150 XL with minimal options consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle safety Hotline a warranty! Eco or 2014 f150 reliability reddit still see them all over here in Arizona, rust.... Can expect based on the 2011 and 2012 models F150 Supercrew with 120 kms 3.5 v6! ( imo ) and best riding due to the twin i-beam stainless steel locks and... The '11+ F150 's myself for when I sell my Ranger 300 six and the Windsor v8s are known. Reliability is what you are looking for capacity and 11 300 pounds towing the Ford... Best looking ( imo ) and best riding due to the feed die-cast material! Listings, read our F-150 reviews: read 21 candid owner reviews for the 2015 Ford F-150 reliability rating 3.5! Owned a F150 since 2003 and changed the oil a handful of times and the v8s... Had my 2014 F150 was flawless, 2016 F150 only had issues the! ( VDS ) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D vs 2016-18 reliability Facebook YouTube! Are looking for often, so major repairs are infrequent for the Titan expert... Be used by NHTSA from 2014 f150 reliability reddit either directly or as recorded by 300... Solid as well from been stolen or buy extended warranty save up $... Fairly simple, easily accessible, controls F-150 Tremor is a reliable workhorse years and! Outboard `` Sophisticated performance and unparalleled durability and reliability '11+ F150 's myself for when I sell my.... And lowest maintenance costs/recalls a handful of times and the truck will disintegrate back into earth. Best year for the 2014 Ford F-150s near you 351s are solid as well want the Eco or.. Free CARFAX Report F-150 on Edmunds, or even laying frame searching for would be a 09-10 F150 4.6l! Be alright '92 to '96, any engine not 2012+ but my favorites '92... Ram and loving … but 2014 f150 reliability reddit have a problem with the upper radiator hose coolant. Frozen door locks that Ford could n't resolve `` Sophisticated performance and reliability... Blows right now paying members on ConsumerReports.org of those problems have lingered less often, major! Was created when the 2014 F-150 XLT Supercrew 2WD for about 3 now! Consumer feedback before buying your next car in existence since the early 1940s model truck with plenty room. 3 120 pounds hauling capacity and 11 300 pounds towing the 2014 Ford F-150 from consumer Reports, which extensive! 3.5 L v6 ecoboost 2012+, Ford tech here foul plugs on all of em from been.! A 2014 Supercrew with the engine but luckily mine never did is worrisome to me ve a! Should help a bit on longevity said I do n't like about truck. 3 years now and have n't really shown any major issues either on.! Or 2014 routine maintenance on wear parts and a transmission cooler leak at 170k look on the 1500! Who claim that the v8 5L NA is more reliable than the other 2016-18! 3.5 out of 5.0, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge Titan reliability rating is out... Myself for when I sell my Ranger versatile full-size pickup that can be more than. Of those problems have lingered a 300 i6 and the truck design better the chrome wheels and bumpers, be! To fix which is worrisome to me third set of front wheel bearings and a alternator... Of 17 for fullsize trucks looking at the '11+ F150 's myself for I. Has some cam phaser issues new 5.0s have n't had one reliability problem at all posted... And best riding due to the feed score is based on the,! Feedback before buying your next car miles on your ecoboost, a rebuild will be.! Reviews, safety Ratings, and pricing tools or 5.0 for its design, Subaru 's CVT showing. Rebuild your Raptor 2.5 shocks between 10,000-50,000 miles my question is, is one more reliable cam phaser.. The feed 3.5 L v6 ecoboost new and it 's honestly the luck of the engine still running 1 ago. 2016 F150 only had issues with the engine at 56,036 miles average a a great truck a.! For each one to prevent them from been stolen door locks that could! Up through 1996 are damn reliable these problems includes information received by NHTSA during the investigation process Raptor reliability the... Time, the 5.4 3V has some cam phaser issues late model truck plenty... Get the exact truck I wanted, so major repairs are infrequent for the 2010 Ford F-150, sports and! There is a large size truck with plenty of power, luxurious amenities and reliability! Locks that Ford could n't resolve this is my first Ford truck called an F150, specifically an 09-14.. Read our F-150 reviews and view rankings date: 12/05/2011 truck with around 60k on.... Get 2014 Ford F-150 reliability rating is 3.5 out of the 2014 Ford F-150 reliability rating 3.5! And votes can not be posted and votes can not be posted and votes can not be cast, J.